Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I'll be curious to see how Transformers does as I have a feeling it's going to have a similar opening to Pirates. 

DM3 is out soon but there doesn't seem to be as much hype for it compared to Minions and DM2. I expect a good opening but I think it's not going to reach the heights of DM2 and Minions

On 6/16/2017 at 2:32 PM, Heretic said:

This weekend is going to be absolutely awful. Hottest weekend of the year coming up, expect another very slumped box office.  Films can't seem to catch a break right now. 

Yup nothing to see move along 

• Like 1

Yep. And it's staying hot all week too, and maybe next weekend. Awful for box office. 

But surely people will get enough of that at some point and head to air conditioned cinemas for few hours [emoji4]

2 hours ago, ttr said:

But surely people will get enough of that at some point and head to air conditioned cinemas for few hours emoji4.png

Not in the UK. People worship the sun and outdoor activities when the weather is good. 

12 hours ago, ttr said:

But surely people will get enough of that at some point and head to air conditioned cinemas for few hours emoji4.png

it gets better the further into summer you go as people get used to the heat but the current weather is really unprecedented. It's stupidly hot. dunno how people in actually hot countries can live like this.

on that note I can't find a fan anywhere, so I think i'm gonna go to tesco and buy one. i don't care that its half 1 in the morning if I can't sleep :/

The weather's a lot cooler this weekend which bodes well for Transformers even though I think it's going drop from the fourth film's £11.7m opening although it should beat its actual three day opening of £3.7m, thinking £5-6m four day opening at the moment. 

On 6/18/2017 at 7:36 AM, ttr said:

Apparently in Europe theater are not all with AC like in america (and that would explain why the business goes down a lot when it is hot)

UK TOP FIVE

Ranking Film/Distributor Weekend gross Running total
1 Wonder Woman (WB) $2.38m (£1.86m) $20.8m (£16.29m)
2 The Mummy (Universal) $1.5m (£1.17m) $7.8m (£6.11m)
3 Pirates Of The Caribbean: Salazar’s Revenge (Disney) $957,000 (£748,000) $22.3m (£17.4m)
4 Baywatch (Paramount) $655,000 (£512,000) $10.3m (£8.07m)
5 Churchill (Lionsgate) $501,000 (£391,148) $501,000 (£391,148)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Found a movie that looks to be beating the heat to an extent. Baby Driver has unlimited screenings all around the country, and many are busy, if not sold out, and some cineworld's have added second or even third screens! Curious to see what happens next weekend. 

It faces DM3 next week so it won't be number 1 but it'll do decent business. 

12 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Hampstead could potentially do well. TF will have a significant decrease from the last one.

Hampstead will appeal to the older crowd which means it'll do better in the weekdays than the weekend.