Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

51 minutes ago, Heretic said:

So it hit £10m! 

The fact BFI was number 2 in the world with only 5 showings a day is remarkable. 

Dunkirk should be nearing £20m already by Sunday, maybe even exceed the mark. Inception made over £4m in the first Monday-Thursday with an opening weekend of £5.9m, so I can't see Dunkirk falling below £5m weekdays. Can see £40m+ being a possibility, will be an exciting run to follow.

Yeah there was an amended figure, corrections to some theatres and missing data 

Edited by Rth Homecoming
  • Like 2

Just sent this message to my parents for their last day in London. 

"You should buy tickets now. Sessions are getting sold out in advance. These are the best options in order. It was filmed in IMAX. 

1.BFI IMAX

2.London Science Museum IMAX 3.Odean Leicester Square 70mm

4.Cineworld Leicester Square IMAX"

Spoiler alert. 

They actually visited the D-Day beaches at Normandy on Sunday. 

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

Admissions update

Admissions numbers, which lag behind box office in the reporting calendar, are now in for June, and they show a disappointing 10% fewer tickets sold than in June 2016. However, because 2017 started so strongly for cinema, the first six months of 2017 are 6.4% up on the same period in 2016 for admissions. So far, box office for July has been well up on July 2016, and the month should also show an admissions rise from a year ago when those numbers are finally audited.

3 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Strong weekdays. Tue was £2.2m. Might hit £25m by the end of the week. WoM is insane. It has IMAX the whole of August. £40m will happen.

It doesn't have much competition either, Valerian will take some of the non IMAX PLFs and 4DX but I doubt it's going to big business. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Dunkirk's ends up being WB's highest grossing film in the UK for 2017 although it does depend on how Justice League does in November. 

12 hours ago, Jonwo said:

It doesn't have much competition either, Valerian will take some of the non IMAX PLFs and 4DX but I doubt it's going to big business. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Dunkirk's ends up being WB's highest grossing film in the UK for 2017 although it does depend on how Justice League does in November. 

Oh easily. What else is there?

Girl's Trip has also opened this week (Wednesday) and is doing well from the looks of it. Literally the definition of perfect counter-programming. With its strong reception, I wouldn't be surprised to see a £3m opening followed by good legs.

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Girl's Trip has also opened this week (Wednesday) and is doing well from the looks of it. Literally the definition of perfect counter-programming. With its strong reception, I wouldn't be surprised to see a £3m opening followed by good legs.

Girls trip ain't going that high, the release is fucking pathetic. Only cinema near me showing it has 16 screens, and not a single screening in Cambridge at all. 

52 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Girls trip ain't going that high, the release is fucking pathetic. Only cinema near me showing it has 16 screens, and not a single screening in Cambridge at all. 

Oh really. Cinemas in London look very busy for it. 

3 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

I wouldn't past DK to stay flat, WoM is out of this world. 

Dunkirk has no real competition this weekend so it's going to have a small drop. Even next weekend, it'll likely do more than Valerian and The Emoji Movie. Atomic Blonde might knock it off the top spot in two weeks but it's 50/50. 

1 minute ago, The Dark Alfred said:

First week tally is £19m. Even a 2.5 multiplier from here takes it near to £50m. I think we mustn't be afraid to dream a little higher. I'm thinking £55-57m atm.

Who'd thought Dunkirk might end winning the summer! I knew it would be successful but not this successful! It's like Wonder Woman's run in the US where it kept going and going, Dunkirk could be the same! 

• Like 2