Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Immortals and AC were really close with £50,000 between them, think Immortals win on Friday edged out AC but I think AC will have strong legs and it hold up better against Breaking Dawn on Friday. Tintin had a great drop, it's well on its way to a £15-16m total.Johnny English should hit £20m by the weekend and it's another success for British films, the success in the UK would ensure another film happens but I'm not holding my breath but given that it has made its budget just from the UK alone, I think Universal will be willing to give Rowan Atkinson more money to do another film. I imagine it would make at least £25m if they released in the summer but the competition in summer is a lot tougher than it is in October.

Ahh...so Immortals won then. Johnny English has been a huge success. Should end around £21m. AC will probably get near £10m, though I doubt it'll get anywhere near as strong legs as ACC 2 years ago.I'm predicting £12.8m for Breaking Dawn this weekend.AC should have a small drop, sub 30% maybe. Immortals will probably drop hard.

ACC had no competition in terms of 3D screens and similar family films, it's legs were incredible considering it opened at £1.8m. I think Sony and Aardman will be happy if AC hit £15-16m like Cars 2, KFP2 and The Smurfs did in the summer. Aardman's next film The Pirates! should do better as it opens just before Easter holidays plus unlike AC it's claymation although it faces the second week of The Hunger Games and two days later Wrath of the Titans opens.

Looking at the Christmas release schedule and it's weird that nothing being released during Christmas week whereas both Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo are both released on Boxing Day. I assume it's due to Christmas falling on a Sunday but I think MIGP should move up to 21st December.

I wouldn't mind MI4 moving to the 21st, would love an IMAX trip for my 20th b'day. Even so, it makes sense. Means it would get the jump on GWTDT. Besides, it's only competition at that point for IMAX screens will be PiB (Digital) and HF2 (70mm). At this point there is very little for them to lose, and everything to gain.

The BFI IMAX website says it opens on the 21st December which is 5 days earlier than it was originally scheduled which means like in America, the IMAX may be getting Ghost Protocol earlier than the scheduled Boxing Day release or Paramount have moved it up, I agree I think opening on the 21st would allow a good four day opening. Sherlock Holmes will dominate on the 16-18th and have good legs if it as well received as the first film.

Edited by Jonwo

Does it? Last I checked, it said the 26th. Not complaining though. Seems like we're in for a killer christmas season atm.

It should be a big Christmas, last year dissapointed thanks to the weather but made it up in January due to The King's Speech, Tangled and Black Swan. Think it'll be Sherlock vs Hunt. Alvin, HF2 and Puss in Boots will fight for the kids audience while The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo will attract the older audience, the books were very popular.War Horse's not out until January but I think it'll do well, it's got a stellar cast and given how popular the stage version, I think it should make at least £10m total.

I haven't really tracked Twilight before, but around my area sales are VERY strong. They've even added another midnight near me.Unlike France, I highly doubt there will be a fall here (If there is it will be small) compared to New Moon and Eclipse. I expect a similar result.

It should be a big Christmas, last year dissapointed thanks to the weather but made it up in January due to The King's Speech, Tangled and Black Swan. Think it'll be Sherlock vs Hunt. Alvin, HF2 and Puss in Boots will fight for the kids audience while The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo will attract the older audience, the books were very popular.War Horse's not out until January but I think it'll do well, it's got a stellar cast and given how popular the stage version, I think it should make at least £10m total.

Tell me about it with the weather, it contributed to Tron: Legacy's piss poor gross. Say what you like about it, but 10 mil was too little for it, compared to little fockers which I walked from. Do you see anything breaking out like Black Swan in January?

I haven't really tracked Twilight before, but around my area sales are VERY strong. They've even added another midnight near me.Unlike France, I highly doubt there will be a fall here (If there is it will be small) compared to New Moon and Eclipse. I expect a similar result.

I'm expecting it to at least match New Moon's OW if not a bit higher, Eclipse did £13.76m but that included two days of previews which did £6.37m and £.7.39m for its actual release.

Tell me about it with the weather, it contributed to Tron: Legacy's piss poor gross. Say what you like about it, but 10 mil was too little for it, compared to little fockers which I walked from. Do you see anything breaking out like Black Swan in January?

Only War Horse and possibly The Iron Lady but I think The King's Speech took what is a traditionally slow Box office period by storm. Tron Legacy should have done a lot better and it was a decent film.My predictions for the upcoming December films are Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadow £7-8m OW £25-30m, Alvin 3 £2-2.5m £15-20m total, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol £7-9m 7 days or £5-6m 4 days £20m totall and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo £5m 7 days with £15m total

Think it's going to be number 1 for two weeks with Happy Feet Two knocking it off the top spot followed by Puss in Boots then Sherlock Holmes for two weeks, then Mission Impossible.Will be interesting if The Hunger Games films can become as successful as Potter and Twilight, never read the books but the trailer was very good and I think it'll be a hit although it opens a week before Pirates! and Titans in the UK.

How did Arthur Christmas do this week? Does anybody have numbers?Never mind I found them.1 Immortals USA/Fra £2,166,432 Universal - 1 428 £5,062 £2,166,432 2 Arthur Christmas UK/USA £2,112,516 Sony Pictures - 1 460 £4,592 £2,112,516 3 The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn USA/NZ £1,540,539 Paramount -30 3 507 £3,039 £12,706,352 4 In Time USA £915,584 20th Century Fox -51 2 426 £2,149 £3,600,963 5 Tower Heist USA £825,783 Universal -44 2 417 £1,980 £2,945,046 6 The Rum Diary USA £608,055 Entertainment - 1 324 £1,877 £608,055 7 Johnny English Reborn UK £506,200 Universal -39 6 447 £1,132 £19,762,186 8 The Help USA/Ind/UAE £378,521 Disney -30 3 335 £1,130 £3,044,252 9 Paranormal Activity 3 USA £339,245 Paramount -58 4 336 £1,010 £10,392,440 10 The Ides of March USA £284,076 eOne Films -42 3 169 £1,681 £2,226,381

Edited by ecstasy