Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

very close between AC and Immortals, think Saturday and Sunday must have been very strong for Arthur Christmas as it was beaten by Immortals on Friday. It should have good legs as Immortals will likely drop hard against BDI.Hugo already has posters and bus ads, no TV ads yet but I imagine in the next two weeks or so, seen nothing for Happy Feet Two or Puss in Boots.

Shocked that looking at my local cineworld that they've already sold out the half 8 show on Saturday. I'm pretty sure the other two didn't manage that. This is going to be a crazy weekend though, in my six screen it's showing every hour from half 11 to half 11. Midnight sold out, half 5 and half 8 sold out. This is beating eclipse and i'm sure it's rivalling new moon.

I'm not surprised as that is how The Twilight Saga franchise has always performed, expect a huge dropoff the next week although it'll easily be number 1 again as the competition that week is Moneyball, 50/50 and My Week with Marilyn.Tintin held up well, looks like the positive WOM is paying off, wonder how it would have done had it been released in December?

Edited by Jonwo

I wish The Muppets wasn't opening in February even though I understand why Disney have done it as I imagine it would be huge over here if they released in December, still think it'll open well but it faces Phantom Menace 3D and Journey 2 The Mysterious Island.

Well, Muppets is facing Hugo and Jack & Jill in Portugal, in February. But there is a huge holiday over here called Carnival (not just here, but in a lot of places in Europe). They will all be able to have a good result because of that.

I'm guessing their strategy for The Muppets is to get a run similar to Tangled's from early this year. I am right, that's the week before half term starts right? I have no idea about these things anymore, my first awareness is that I can go to early screenings when my cineworld times update. Curse leaving college.

Tangled had a big OW of £5.1m and did £20m total so it was a huge success. The Muppets are loved over here and I think even opening it a week or two would ensure a big OW plus I imagine they'll be over along with Jason Segel and Amy Adams to promote it, they've in the new Orange ad which is funny but it'll wear after a while. Star Wars 3D I imagine will do Lion King 3D numbers.

1 Immortals 3D £2,166,432 £2,166,4322 Arthur Christmas £2,112,516 £2,112,5163 The Adventures Of Tin Tin: Secret Of The Unicorn £1,540,539 £12,706,3524 In Time £915,584 £3,600,9635 Tower Heist £825,783 £2,945,0466 The Rum Diary £608,055 £608,0557 Johnny English Reborn £506,200 £19,762,1868 The Help £378,521 £3,044,2529 Paranormal Activity 3 £339,245 £10,392,44010 The Ides Of March £284,076 £2,226,381