Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Hmm, might have to take back that comment about Immortals flopping...it seems to be doing pretty well around my area tonight. Shows are surprisingly quite full. It may even be a possibility it wins the weekend.The Rum Diary looks like it's doing decently too.

Sorry Heretic, but Rum Diary's not likely to go far, unless it pulls a four lions out of it's arse. Definitely seems like a calm before the storm this weekend, BD sales in my area are big, not as big as NM or Eclipse, but bigger than anything else this year Sans Potter.

It won't go far, but It may not outright flop like I thought. Maybe it's just my cinema...Yeah, BD sales are very strong. I expect a similar opening to the previous Twilight's.

Arthur Christmas should do decently, the reviews have been great and it'll have strong legs nearer to Christmas. Immortals should do okay but I think AC has the edge.Breaking Dawn should do well but its legs will be similar to previous Twilight films, it should be number 1 for two weeks until Happy Feet Two and Hugo are released.Johnny English may get another film but ultimately it is up to Atkinson.

Charles Gant posted on twitter this morning that "Immortals kicked Arthur's butt on friday. But Arthur will make up on Sat/Sun."I was at the cinema last night, Rum Diary, The Awakening and In Time sold out.Arthur Christmas and Immortals hadn't any.

Arthur and Immortals were likely taking up the biggest screens though.At some point this weekend i'll be trying to contribute to immortals, just sucks having to choose between travelling to a decent cinema or settling for the shittiest one in britain.

You know, I actually think Breaking Dawn Part 1 could open bigger than Eclipse...It has a showing every freaking 30 minutes, from 9 freaking am to midnight, some double showtimes in the night and a show starting at 12:30am...I don't remember the others having anywhere near that.

Eclipse had previews the weekend before its release which inflated its figures, still did good and BD part 1 will do better given it has no real competition until HF2 and Hugo and even then I expect it'll have at least £11-12m OW. Looking ahead, the big Christmas films will be Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows, the previous film did £25m total which is incredible considering it faced Avatar, Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol, The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo and Alvin and the Chipmunks 3 although I think with competition from HF2, Hugo, Puss in Boots as well as Arthur Christmas, I think Alvin may be less business.Hugo has promoted quite heavily, it does look good but it has some serious competition in the family film department.