Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

6 minutes ago, jedieb said:

True, but this isn't exactly a good time for WB right now. It's going to be fuel for the post BvS fire. Faraci won't be the only one to try to use this as proof of turmoil at WB. 

I mean, you'd have to be an idiot to believe that WB isn't in some kind of panic mode right now. Their big movie just got critically panned and dropped like a stone at the box office.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, jedieb said:

True, but this isn't exactly a good time for WB right now. It's going to be fuel for the post BvS fire. Faraci won't be the only one to try to use this as proof of turmoil at WB. 

Yeah cause that's great click-bait. We honestly have no idea what the "creative differences" were. Could be that Seth presented his vision to WB and they didn't feel he could execute it. Trying to speculate that WB is in chaos isn't really productive nor is it helpful.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Yeah cause that's great click-bait. We honestly have no idea what the "creative differences" were. Could be that Seth presented his vision to WB and they didn't feel he could execute it. Trying to speculate that WB is in chaos isn't really productive nor is it helpful.

Click bait or not, you cannot expect the fate of BvS would have no consequences in DCEU land.

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

This is coming off a very very bad box office year for WB and a disappointing outing for their biggest hope franchise. I mean, its just logical?

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, The Futurist said:

Click bait or not, you cannot expect the fate of BvS would have no consequences in DCEU land.

Sure, I'd expect "consequences" in the sense that WB will finally give notes to directors/writers to fix what they believe the problems are. Trying to claim "director X got fired because of BvS!" is just blind speculation.

• Like 5

I'll wait till I hear official confirmation.

Faraci loves to add fuel to the fire. I seem to remember right before the release of BvS he did a sarcastic tweet about him hearing things from other people saying the movie was "great".... when in fact, he knew all along he was going to hate it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Huh? Directors leave projects like all the time. Heck, even Marvel has seen directors leave (Ant-Man anyone) for "creative differences". And the same posts (Marvel isn't actually director-friendly) are being made as well. :)

Same situation happened with Wonder Woman last year and people were saying WB/DC were in crisis blah blah blah and a new director was announced days later. Losing a director isn't great but the film's in preproduction and with no shooting date, there's no reason to panic.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

This is coming off a very very bad box office year for WB and a disappointing outing for their biggest hope franchise. I mean, its just logical?

Logical that they aren't happy? Yes.

• Community Manager
Just now, moviesRus said:

I mean, this universe has barely just started and they already have 2 directors leave projects and their film in production right now is directed by the guy who delivered two underwhelming films already. 

So? Once again, directors leave all the time. This isn't a rare occurrence. This is common.

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

So? Once again, directors leave all the time. This isn't a rare occurrence. This is common.

Yes, a director leaving in it of itself is not a huge deal but in the midst of a disappointing box office run, critical tanking and overall confusion about the plans going forward, it's a little more worrisome. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, moviesRus said:

Yes, a director leaving in it of itself is not a huge deal but in the midst of a disappointing box office run, critical tanking and overall confusion about the plans going forward, it's a little more worrisome. 

A first-time director leaving a project before pre-production has even begun, where he hadn't even been officially announced as the director or advertised as such, isn't worrisome at all especially when you have no real information as to why he left the project. It's nothing more than blind speculation.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Do you think Ayer and Jenkins would come back for a SS and WW sequel?

No. Ayer has already moved on to 'Bright' because he will get the creative freedom to do whatever he wants. He was indirectly saying that on SS he didnt have that freedom.

I have a gut feeling that SS will be the only shining moment of DCU. WW will be solid, but maybe not for everyone. Rest will get either cancelled, pushed or flat out suck like bvs except Batman. 

• Community Manager
Just now, moviesRus said:

Didn't they already go through Lord and Miller too? This is the second time.. though at least L&M had a good excuse for leaving.

So? There's been so many projects over the years that have gone through multiple directors before production began. Flash might go through two or more directors before they settle on one, doesn't mean a thing. ;)

• Like 2