Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

8 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

No. Ayer has already moved on to 'Bright' because he will get the creative freedom to do whatever he wants. He was indirectly saying that on SS he didnt have that freedom.

I have a gut feeling that SS will be the only shining moment of DCU. WW will be solid, but maybe not for everyone. Rest will get either cancelled, pushed or flat out suck like bvs except Batman. 

Actually, in the very articles announcing "Bright", they mention Smith and Ayer returning for Suicide Squad 2

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/will-smith-david-ayer-bright-suicide-squad-1201696226/

It’s unknown when the film would get underway but the hope is to get production rolling this year in order to get both Ayer and Smith ready for a “Suicide Squad” sequel shoot by 2017.

http://www.thewrap.com/will-smith-joel-edgerton-to-star-in-david-ayers-cop-thriller-bright/

Ayer hopes to fit the project into his fall schedule before Warner Bros. brings him and Smith back for a planned “Suicide Squad” sequel in 2017.

• Like 1

Ayer would know that directing a big budget tentpole isn't going to be the same as directing something with a lower budget. Likewise with Patty Jenkins who hadn't directed anything big budget prior to Wonder Woman although she got close with Thor: The Dark World. 

55 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

So? There's been so many projects over the years that have gone through multiple directors before production began. Flash might go through two or more directors before they settle on one, doesn't mean a thing. ;)

So much silly speculation around here, it's good to see you being a voice of reason. They'll find another director soon, don't you worry.

I don't think they'll shelf anything either, you gotta remember that Justice League' already in production and they practically have two other films from this universe already finished. They're already fully committed, it wouldn't make much sense to back down from all of this, they should just learn from past mistakes, adjust course accordingly and keep going, really.

• Like 4

I don't even care.

DC is committed on two films...make that three...show me those are good...Ill start caring.  BvS was a fucking mess.  I believe those can be good.  I dunno on JL anymore, but if those two are...I can get back on board (but you need to fire Snyder, unless by some miracle JL is good).

• Like 7

Marvel fired Edgar Wright and got all kinds of shit for not giving directors enough artistic license. DC says 'hey e're going to be filmaker-driven and let our artists express themselves'. They are two movies in and they've already fired Michelle Maclaren (who has a damn fine resume) and this guy Smith over 'creative differences'.

we should let go of the idea of any director having any kind of real freedom when it comes to these gigantic tentpoles. These studios are no different tbh. this is why you should appreciate stuff like Mad Max Fury Road. stuff like that won't happen often

Edited by sdeezy
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, sdeezy said:

Marvel fired Edgar Wright and got all kinds of shit for not giving directors enough artistic license. DC says 'hey e're going to be filmaker-driven and let our artists express themselves'. They are two movies in and they've already fired Michelle Maclaren (who has a damn fine resume) and this guy Smith over 'creative differences'.

we should let go of the idea of any director having any kind of real freedom when it comes to these gigantic tentpoles. These studios are no different tbh. this is why you should appreciate stuff like Mad Max Fury Road. stuff like that won't happen often

Director freedom is great...until...it isn't.

Unfortunately there's no perfect formula.  But fuck that, it's not my problem.  Pay me money and I'll care. Otherwise, WB, get your shit in order.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kowhite said:

Director freedom is great...until...it isn't.

Unfortunately there's no perfect formula.  But fuck that, it's not my problem.  Pay me money and I'll care. Otherwise, WB, get your shit in order.

I just love the narrative of the Edgar Wright/Marvel/Ant Man story.

Of course, everybody told the story with Marvel/Feige as the villain & Wright as the poor, visionary artist that couldn't get his brilliant ideas done on screen because of the Marvel machinery that breaks director's vision.

While in fact they probably just disagreed on something and decided to split.

Shit happens.

And I can't blame Marvel to spit with Wright since his style has shown it s not GA's cup of tea.

If anything, Ant Man showed how much Feige is a savy guy.

I loved Ant Man very much and I am glad Peyton Reed is back for the sequel.

• Like 1

Ant-Man was legit.  And while yes, I can't help but think what could've been...I love Wright...the movie turned out really good, and the MCU connections...even if some of it obviously forced...they sold.

Yeah, Feige didn't fail on this front.

• Like 7

if all the DC films ended up sucking because WB has there head up their ass,(or zack Snyder's)  I'll be really sad, they have such amazingly characters to work with. what they should do before they make DC movies is showing everyone a picture of The Dark knight trilogy.

the_dark_knight_trilogy_poster__by_xfran

Say "Remember this? forget about it, it worked for Nolan, we aren't Nolan

and have this on the chalkboard board.

Big mistakes WB has Made with their blockbusters in the past. 

Batmanized it

Nolanize it

gray

grey

grey

dull color palette

rushed into things

jumped the gun

Zack Snyder

David Goyer 

weak ass screenplays

lacked fun

corny dialogue

brooding superman

killed superman

ruined superman

fucked with the character of superman

poor jimmy

And Be like okay now that that is out of the way now we can make some good movies. :D

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, DMan7 said:

It's their fault for having soo much riding on the success / failure of one movie. You never put all your eggs in one basket and that's exactly what they did making BvS and jamming all these heroes into the movie. They should've just stuck with the traditional tried and tested approach that Marvel had and built up their universe properly by taking their time doing the solo movies after MoS which is MoS 2, Batman reboot and the obvious WW solo coming up with little universe references in those solo movies, then JL. If feels as if BvS didn't needed to be made at all and this year should've just had MoS 2 in BvS' slot in March 25th and the Batman reboot in the SS spot in August.

Its funny since the inside stories are that the decision to turn MOS 2 into Batman vs Superman was made only days before they announced it. They really do seem to be a bit rudderless. Maybe thats why Snyder was able to get so much influence - he at least had definite ideas for stuff.

7 hours ago, Kalo said:

if all the DC films ended up sucking because WB has there head up their ass,(or zack Snyder's)  I'll be really sad, they have such amazingly characters to work with. what they should do before they make DC movies is showing everyone a picture of The Dark knight trilogy.

Thats an amazing image.

The problem is that before they Nolanized everything they had Schumacherized everything and it went bad. When they Nolanized it - things got better. So they learned the lesson that everything should be Nolanized to the extent that it can be Nolanized.

....I cant really explain Green Lantern though :mellow:

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

Can we just like hit the reset button on the whole DC Cinematic Universe? Please?

NChwOqo.png

No seriously, I wish we could hit the rest button.

I actually wish someone would go back in time, put a gun on Nolan's head and get him to introduce Superman in TDKR, which wasn't a Nolan-gem anyway.

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

NChwOqo.png

No seriously, I wish we could hit the rest button.

I actually wish someone would go back in time, put a gun on Nolan's head and get him to introduce Superman in TDKR, which wasn't a Nolan-gem anyway.

I don't think that world would have worked in an extended Universe tbh. 

3 hours ago, HAL 9000 said:

Thats an amazing image.

The problem is that before they Nolanized everything they had Schumacherized everything and it went bad. When they Nolanized it - things got better. So they learned the lesson that everything should be Nolanized to the extent that it can be Nolanized.

....I cant really explain Green Lantern though :mellow:

No nothing should be Nolanized, unless nolan is behind it, trying to copy another person's work and style never works, you can draw influences from it, but anything beyond that and your just a hack, and besides nolan's dark serious take doesn't work for Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash or Aquaman. 

• Like 3