Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

42 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Good. Seth Graeme-Smith is primarily a writer, who wrote classics such as Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter and Pride and Prejudice Zombies. He is credited to have written the scripts for Dark Shadows and ALVH. And he did some uncredited rewrites on Fantastic Four. 

I wouldn't want someone working on this movie who has a bad track record as far as live action movie scripts go, and on top of that is an untested first time director on a big budget tentpole film. 

He has written the upcoming Batman Lego Movie, which looks amazing, but that's more due to the charm of the animation, some great scenes and hilarious voice work. Moreover, animation is very fluid so the director can change the script and dialogues dramatically to improve the movie. 

I completely agree. I'm relieved.

Grahame-Smith was poised to make his feature directorial debut with the superhero film, which will star Ezra Miller as speedster Barry Allen. Warner Bros. is said to be pleased with Grahame-Smith’s script, but ultimately wanted a more experienced filmmaker guiding the production.

Warner Bros. isn’t eager to take a big risk in the wake of fan backlash to Zack Snyder‘s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.” Many comic book fans have called for Snyder to be replaced on WB’s two “Justice League” movies, but with production already under way, that isn’t happening.

Instead, it’s Grahame-Smith with whom the studio is parting ways. The author of “Pride and Prejudice and Zombies” and “Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter” is a key creative on the studio lot, having written “The Lego Batman Movie” and executive produced “The Lego Ninjago Movie.” He’s also co-writing and producing “Beetlejuice 2” and is involved with Stephen King‘s “It” and WB’s “Gremlins” reboot, so it’s not like he’s being kicked to the curb in Burbank.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Is losing the writer of Dark Shadows and Abraham Lincoln v Vampires a bad thing? Doesn't seem to be

Chris Terrio contradicts your argument.

It s more complex than that.

Just judging by the number of movies on which he is mentioned, I am guessing Smith is a script doctor at WB who has a pass at most scripts on the lot. There are worse ways to make a living I guess, was reading about someone else recently who had a big hit in the mid-2000s and since then has just been a ghost writer or last minute script doctor on movies and hasn't had a produced credit in the interim.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Just judging by the number of movies on which he is mentioned, I am guessing Smith is a script doctor at WB who has a pass at most scripts on the lot. There are worse ways to make a living I guess, was reading about someone else recently who had a big hit in the mid-2000s and since then has just been a ghost writer or last minute script doctor on movies and hasn't had a produced credit in the interim.

Who?

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Given the film's two years away and probably won't be shooting until next year, WB has plenty of time to find a replacement director, they managed to announce Patty Jenkins as director of Wonder Woman within short time after Michelle MacLaren's departure was announced

I would not be surprised if this film keeps getting delayed until the Flash TV show has finished it's run. I think that DC has a real problem in that ,when you leave out the comic book geeks,it's hard to get people to buy tickets for something they feel they can see for free. That it's two differenet flashed won't impact that much.

20 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Who?

19 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I am trying to remember. It was a really good interview about screenwriting as a career. Unfortunately i read so much news about the industry that I am just failing to recall who the hell this was :P 

John August

• Like 1

Rumor has it Warner is in pure panic mode after the BvS debacle ...

Nobody agrees on anything on what to do next it seems ...

It gets better, Snyder is at war with Warner executives right now ...

Major shake ups incoming ...

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/04/29/crisis-on-finite-dc-movieverses

Sources at WB tell me that this is just one part of what's going on behind the scenes at the DC movieverse. Zack Snyder and Geoff Johns were taken aback at critical and audience reaction to Batman v Superman, I'm told, and WB execs have found themselves at odds with Snyder over his vision for Justice League and the DC movieverse going forward. Of course Justice League was scheduled to start shooting mere days after BvS was released, which meant WB couldn't take any definitive action - like removing Snyder or delaying the movie to make changes - without poisoning the box office for BvS. The result? Lots of fights between Snyder and the WB execs, and lots of pressure from Burbank on Snyder, who is shooting in London. 

I'm not sure what the exact nature of the creative differences on The Flash are, but I'm being told that this may not be the only movie impacted by the aftermath of BvS. According to multiple, reliable sources James Wan is feeling a tremendous amount of trepidation about Aquaman. It's important to remember two things - Fast 7 was a very difficult process for him, even without Paul Walker's tragic death, and James Wan doesn't really need Aquaman. With The Conjuring 2 and Lights Out (which he produced), Wan will be owning WB's summer slate, bringing in a lot of money with movies that cost a fraction of Aquaman. Aquaman needs Wan, and right now Wan is trying to decide if he needs that hassle.

http://deadline.com/2016/04/the-flash-seth-grahame-smith-out-as-director-warner-bros-1201747016/

Whether WB will hand the reigns of the film over to another green recruit remains to be seen, today’s news comes amid continuing rumors of a major shake-up with its DC Comics-based films following the divided critical and audience reception to Batman v. Superman: Dawn Of Justice

Edited by The Futurist

• Community Manager
9 minutes ago, jedieb said:

This just makes WB look incompetent. Hopefully, this will all work itself out, but coming off the BvS fallout they're just asking to get slammed.

Huh? Directors leave projects like all the time. Heck, even Marvel has seen directors leave (Ant-Man anyone) for "creative differences". And the same posts (Marvel isn't actually director-friendly) are being made as well. :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Rumor has it Warner is in pure panic mode after the BvS debacle ...

Nobody agrees on anything on what to do next it seems ...

It gets better, Snyder is at wars with Warner executives right now ...

Major shake ups incoming ...

It's their fault for having soo much riding on the success / failure of one movie. You never put all your eggs in one basket and that's exactly what they did making BvS and jamming all these heroes into the movie. They should've just stuck with the traditional tried and tested approach that Marvel had and built up their universe properly by taking their time doing the solo movies after MoS which is MoS 2, Batman reboot and the obvious WW solo coming up with little universe references in those solo movies, then JL. If feels as if BvS didn't needed to be made at all and this year should've just had MoS 2 in BvS' slot in March 25th and the Batman reboot in the SS spot in August.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Huh? Directors leave projects like all the time. Heck, even Marvel has seen directors leave (Ant-Man anyone) for "creative differences". And the same posts (Marvel isn't actually director-friendly) are being made as well. :)

True, but this isn't exactly a good time for WB right now. It's going to be fuel for the post BvS fire. Faraci won't be the only one to try to use this as proof of turmoil at WB.