Jack Nevada

Movies You Like that nobody else does

Obviously, the movies I'm gonna list aren't hated by everyone but it's just that I have a much higher opinion of them then most people seem to. So:DuneWatchmenAlien3Splice (ending was a bit of a letdown but otherwise pretty good)Star Trek: The Motion Picture (people diss it as boring, personally couldn't care less about admittedly slow pace)2010: The Year we Make ContactGhost and the DarknessExorcist 3 (one of my favourite horrors)Also, I'm very tempted to watch Heaven's Gate which seems almost universally loathed. Couldn't find any affordable DVD release yet, though.

Ooh, 2010 and Ghost/Darkness.... I like those as well. 2010 in particular gets a bad rap for having to follow up a masterpiece, but it's a solid entertaining movie.

Daredevil, Nacho Libre, Hudson Hawk...And how can anyone say Scott Pilgrim was shit? I loved the metaphor of that film... of having to deal with the fact that the person you love has a past... and to have to "battle" the existence of those who once held a special place in the heart of your perfect match. I thought it was awesome.

Titanic - the genreal non-internet audience has grown to despise it for some reason.The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince CaspianThe Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn TreaderTransformers: Revenge of the Fallen - come on guys, it wasn't that bad.Batman ForeverSucker PunchSuperman IIIStar Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace - as a stand alone film, its okay.Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones - has a lot of good action sequences to counter-act the shitty dialogue.Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - I thought it was a great adaptation of the book, as opposed to later installments.Angels in the OutfieldCheaper by the DozenThere are more, but I just can't think of them right now.

Daredevil, Nacho Libre, Hudson Hawk...And how can anyone say Scott Pilgrim was shit? I loved the metaphor of that film... of having to deal with the fact that the person you love has a past... and to have to "battle" the existence of those who once held a special place in the heart of your perfect match. I thought it was awesome.

Scott Pilgrim was shit.

Some random movies that i like but most don't seem to2010 (nothing like 2001 of course but it's a solid sci-fi film)Alien Resurrection (it's not on par with the first 2 of course but i really like the twisted and dark humourous direction it got, yes i'm gonna get crusified for that....)The Godfather part III (again nothing like the originals but aside from Sofia Coppola's performance, i don't find anything bad about it)In the Mouth of Madness (most people i know love it but i don't think it's highly regarded anywhere else)Beowulf (actually i like all 3 Zemeckis mo-cap films!)Solaris (the Soderbergh one.. it doesn't stand a chance against the Tarkovsky film but it was really emotional and haunting for me)The Hangover part II (yes it was almost a remake of the first but it was so funny for me and it got extremely rough and edgy at times that i really liked it)Eraser (solid Arnold film from the mid-90's)The 6th Day (i love the concept, the twist and Robert Duvall's performance)Daylight (a cool Stallone film from mid-90's)Very Bad Things (actually it's the only Peter Berg movie that i like...)

Batman Forever (The best Batman movie before Nolan... oh yes, I went there!)Last Action HeroTerminator 3 (x100 better than Salvation)Indiana Jones 4 (you can bash Lucas' ideas all you want, but don't tell me that Harrison Ford didn't turn in a pitch-perfect performance)2012SignsThe TerminalMr. Magorium's Wonder EmporiumThe Game Plan

The Road To El Dorado - Few people really remember it, but it gives me such nostalgia. I loved it as a kid, and I have a soft spot for it today.Treasure Planet - See above. Hard to believe that this was from nearly a decade ago.

I tend to like sequels much more than general audiencestransformersstar wars (the prequels)back to the futurematrixironmansupermanspidermanrandom others:ultravioletdaredevilgodzillajohn carterunstoppabletreasure of the sierra madre (can't even find other people that have seen this)it's actually pretty hard for me to NOT like a movie