IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune 2 fine 2nd weekend

14 minutes ago, thunder storm said:

^:blink::blink: are you kidding? omg, that's so so expensive. in Romania the ticket price is around 4$ for students, childrens and grandparents, and around $5.5 for adults. 

but that's not all. we have one day per week (wednesday) and if you go to cinema with a friend, parent, girlfriend etc. you will pay around $6 for 2 tickets. no matter if the movie is 2D or 3D. 

The dream, the dream...i would watch A LOT more movies a year if ticket prices werent that high. Its pretty stupid and i think the main reason for declining moviegoing here.

3 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

:)

Just a question; the low ricket prices should correlate with the salaries.

What is an average income in Romania?

Well, it's not that bad I guess. The minimum wage is around $400. But that's if you work in public sector. However, there are few people who work in public sector and earn only $400, because my mom work there and she has around $500. 
The average income is around $600. Pretty good. 
And of course...the wage grow and grow if you are doctor, lawyer, if you are good in what you do. You can win easily $1k in the beginning.
btw: we have a new gouverment, and a lot of new laws. So, if you are a student you can't win less than $500 per month. And that's really huge for young people. 
And, the prices here are very low...a water bottle cost around $0.40. Same for a beer. 

19 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The dream, the dream...i would watch A LOT more movies a year if ticket prices werent that high. Its pretty stupid and i think the main reason for declining moviegoing here.

Well, I guess that's the main reason why this market in growing so fast in Romania. The cheap tickets. Indeed, when you look and see that F8 gross only $3.1M you think it's poor. But if you see the lc then you realised that's really good. And I guess the market will keep growing in the next years.

2 minutes ago, thunder storm said:

Well, it's not that bad I guess. The minimum wage is around $400. But that's if you work in public sector. However, there are few people who work in public sector and earn only $400, because my mom work there and she has around $500. 
The average income is around $600. Pretty good. 
And of course...the wage grow and grow if you are doctor, lawyer, if you are good in what you do. You can win easily $1k in the beginning.
btw: we have a new gouverment, and a lot of new laws. So, if you are a student you can't win less than $500 per month. And that's really huge for young people. 
And, the prices here are very low...a water bottle cost around $0.40. Same for a beer. 

I guess that explains a lot because in Germany for example an average person earns something like 3000 a month and the price is 14 euros.

It correlates somehow.

Told you that this will bomb overseas as well. The miscast leads and poor marketing/distribution has finished this movie completely. Moreover, the reviews didn't help matter.  

France won't do any better. 

Asia will reject it.

China won't save it at all. 

Sub 150 WW is a real possibility. Besson, I fear, will not gather the energy and passion to direct another film for a long time. This was his baby and it is just outright bombing everywhere. Total rejection.

With the 2nd Trend DM3 is down to 500k (-27%), Valerian is still at 200k. Not too bad that it stays at 200k while every other movie is down!

SM:H 160k (-47%)

Pubertier 80k (-18%)

Baywatch 35k (-31%)

TF5 35k (-50%)

POTC5 35k (-26%)

Edited by Aristis
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Aristis said:

Valerian is still at 200k. Not too bad that it stays at 200k while every other movie is down!

I suppose that's mainly due to an older demographic; weather always hits family and teenager stuff hardest while arthouse doesn't get influenced much.

Sunday estimates from insidekino.de:

#1: DM3 - 440k (-35%, ouch - 5mil total looking hard impossible now)

#2: Valerian - 220k (still not good but seems to have good WOM)

#3: SM:H - 150k (-50%, ouchhhh)

#4: Pubertier - 75k (-25%)

As on Saturday, all releases are a lot down from earlier estimates except Valerian which goes a bit up.

Edited by IndustriousAngel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

Sunday estimates from insidekino.de:

#1: DM3 - 440k (-35%, ouch - 5mil total looking hard impossible now)

#2: Valerian - 220k (still not good but seems to have good WOM)

#3: SM:H - 150k (-50%, ouchhhh)

#4: Pubertier - 75k (-25%)

As on Saturday, all releases are a lot down from earlier estimates except Valerian which goes a bit up.

How much is that in US$ for Val? And how much do you think it will end in US$ gross?

5 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

should be between 2,5 and 3mil € depending on the 3D share, add 15% and you get the US$ - so, a maximum of 3,4mil US$

Anywhere from 2.8-3.4 I see. And you say the wom is solid, so hopefully that will propel it to 10+ million USD if not more.