Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

It s funny, not so long ago, I remember discussing Inarritu here and the whole forum pretty much agreed that all his films were manipulative and emotionnal blackmail.

Since Birdman, it s like he s the new Scorcese or something.

His diatribe againt superhero blockbusters makes me want to puke at his snobbish " artiste" face, just to have a little taste.

• Like 1

Inarritu on the 9 month long shoot

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/alejandro-inarritu-on-why-the-revenant-is-a-9-month-shoot-480#lcvZ9WDKrGoG0FU0.99

We don’t finish until the end of April or May, and we are shooting very small hours. It was planned this way, to be little-by-little jewel moments; that’s the way I designed the production. That was both to create intensity in these moments, as well as the climate conditions. We are shooting in such remote far-away locations that, by the time we arrive and have to return, we have already spent 40% of the day. But those locations are so gorgeous and so powerful, they look like they have never been touched by a human being, and that’s what I needed. The light is very reduced here in winter, and we are not shooting with any electrical lighting, just natural light. And every single scene is so difficult — emotionally, technically. I’ve gotten myself in trouble again, but I’m trying my best.

• Like 1

LOL Inarritu, using all natural lighting isn't nearly as cool as a gimmick as the one-shot in Birdman

(Definitely seeing it anyway :P )

I read somewhere that they were shooting it similar to Birdman, so it may be a one-shot after all. At the very least there will be long-ish takes with Lubeski on board. 

Edited by tonytr87

Rumours filming is a complete mess - over-budget, over-schedule, Inaritu is a complete bitch to his crew (already has 6th assistant) and apparently Hardy even hit him. :D

Lol...what's happening with fox movies. First, fantastic four and now revenant.

All this behind the scenes drama will be forgotten if these movies turn our fine.