Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

You don't see Leo winning for this ?

Does he have an oscar clip or emotional scenes or is it just grunts & screams & :ohmyzod:?

He doesn't really have an Oscar clip moment, I'd say. It's a very physical performance and he has to mostly do it through his eyes (and grunts).

I don't think it will be a significant contender for Best Adapted Script, but then again, what do I know?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

I don't think this will break out. It's long, it's gory, it's gruesome, it can be tough to hear what people are saying sometimes, and 90% of the time DiCaprio's on-screen, he's grunting, screaming, or breathing heavily.

It's bravura filmmaking, but I don't see it catching on in a big way.

I knew the 100m+ predictions for this were unjustified. The film you described is exactly what it always looked like to me. Inarritu does not make the kind of films for mass consumption.

Also nervous to hear that Leo's performance is of the more subtle variety. That probably doesn't bode well for him with the Academy given their track record with his performances that have basically screamed "I DESERVE THE OSCAR!" 

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

I don't think this will break out. It's long, it's gory, it's gruesome, it can be tough to hear what people are saying sometimes, and 90% of the time DiCaprio's on-screen, he's grunting, screaming, or breathing heavily.

It's bravura filmmaking, but I don't see it catching on in a big way.

I knew the 100m+ predictions for this were unjustified. The film you described is exactly what it always looked like to me. Inarritu does not make the kind of films for mass consumption.

Also nervous to hear that Leo's performance is of the more subtle variety. That probably doesn't bode well for him with the Academy given their track record with his performances that have basically screamed "I DESERVE THE OSCAR!" 

I wouldn't say his performance is subtle, but most of the movie is spent depicting sheer survival.

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

He doesn't really have an Oscar clip moment, I'd say. It's a very physical performance and he has to mostly do it through his eyes (and grunts).

Leo Faces confirmed :P

(I'm more excited for it now after these impressions)