Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

Ever since last year I accidentally learned about this movie (director, plot, actors), it has been at the top of my "waiting list", right after MadMax, as the crown piece of the winter season.

Glad to find my cin-tuition (cinema intuition) as reliable as ever.

• Like 1

Brett_Ratner_2012_Shankbone.JPG

One of the most important & powerful man in Hollywood right now.

Fanboy wet dreams & DCU ? Check. BvS. And plenty of other stuff, check it out : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RatPac-Dune_Entertainment

Prestige auteur thing ? Inarritu/Chivo/Leo/Hardy . Check. The Revenant.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Ever since last year I accidentally learned about this movie (director, plot, actors), it has been at the top of my "waiting list", right after MadMax, as the crown piece of the winter season.

Glad to find my cin-tuition (cinema intuition) as reliable as ever.

When did you start liking/looking forward to good movies dude? :P

• Like 2

These complaints about not enough "story" or "narrative" being shown? Oy vey.

Thing looks beastly. Chivo might be the first geunine DP draw for me. I don't care what it is, who's in it or who the director is: if he's shooting it, I'm there.

• Like 6

These complaints about not enough "story" or "narrative" being shown? Oy vey.

Thing looks beastly. Chivo might be the first geunine DP draw for me. I don't care what it is, who's in it or who the director is: if he's shooting it, I'm there.

Yeah, like SW7 teaser showed "story" and "narrative"? Bitch please, we got 2 SW7 reels + BTS footage by now and we still got no story being exposed to GA yet only fanservice glimpses. :rolleyes:

(You can put 1 and 1 together just from the footage without being explained explicitly what it's all about, geez, just analyze what you're being presented, Leo is in Jeremiah Johnson mode in the wilderness, fighting indians alongside trappers, being chased/captured, the proeminent wide angle shots show his POV in those battles managing to stick to his face and show the action around thanks to Lubezki's cinematography, the monologue hints that he's the "Revenant" of the title and going slightly mad by the look of it being like a ghastly shell of his former self in a quest with existential accents like Valhalla Rising or Dead Man. I didn't check the synopsis and I just extrapolated all of this just by looking at the teaser once)

(By the way, The Revenant teaser > SW7 teaser).

Edited by MADash Rendar
  • Like 2