Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

sbt-8.jpg

The local movie The 10 Commandments was a huge success in 2016 in admissions and grossed $29m despite a catastrophic exchange rate.

Now it is a success in Argentina with 50,000 admissions OPENING DAY.

This movie and its record breaking numbers were only a publicity stunt by the church that produced it. There were several reports about this on local media, and its very low average ticket price (R$ 10,34) backs up the reports that tickets were bought in wholesale by members of the church and given for free to audiences. I would take the international numbers with a grain of salt too, because this Universal church also has millions of members outside of Brazil.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

This movie and its record breaking numbers were only a publicity stunt by the church that produced it. There were several reports about this on local media, and its very low average ticket price (R$ 10,34) backs up the reports that tickets were bought in wholesale by members of the church and given for free to audiences. I would take the international numbers with a grain of salt too, because this Universal church also has millions of members outside of Brazil.

I know it was sneakily inflated but the numbers are the numbers, I can't say how many bought tickets and how many were given to other people for free :P

I didn't know this church had influence outside Brazil though so I thought the success in Argentina could have been more authentic ^^"

Biggest Opening Weeks in Brazil in local currency

Captain America Civil War : R$43.8m

Batman vs Superman : 40.6m

Twilight BD Part 2 : 37.4m

The Avengers 2 : 37.1m

Fast&Furious 7 : 36.9m

Suicide Squad : 35.5m

Star Wars VII : 33m

Iron Man 3 : 25.5m

Deadpool : 25.2m

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 : 24.6m

Os Dez Mandamentos : 24.6m

Finding Dory : 24.4m

Jurassic World : 23.8m

The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 : 23.7m

Fifty Shades of Grey : 23.1m

Minions : 23m

Fantastic Beasts : 22m

The Avengers : 21.7m

X-Men Apocalypse : 20.6m

Noah : 20.1m

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

OMG, I can't believe that they're expanding their corruption worldwide. What's the next step? A Hollywood co-production? :rofl: 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

Hey @Fullbuster I do not want to keeping scrolling the Brazil thread looking for the top grossing movies of 2016 in Local Currency, but do you known the page it is on, or maybe PM me it?

https://pt.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilheteria_dos_cinemas_no_Brasil_em_2016

There, bottom of the page ;)