Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

The local movie My Mom is a Character 2 reached R$110m last weekend : Absolutely HUGE! It's now the second biggest local movie after The Ten Commandments (2016, R$116m) and it will pass it to become the highest-grossing local movie EVER in local currency!! It will also pass Finding Dory and Suicide Squad!!

I've just watched Rings...

There were basically 20 people watching it. 5 walked out halfway.

By the way, the movie is confusing and I didn't quite get the ending. I have some theories...Now I have to send this movie to someone else, so I won't die of boredom in 7 days!

Good thing I'll be watching John Wick 2 soon. XD

10 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I've just watched Rings...

There were basically 20 people watching it. 5 walked out halfway.

By the way, the movie is confusing and I didn't quite get the ending. I have some theories...Now I have to send this movie to someone else, so I won't die of boredom in 7 days!

Good thing I'll be watching John Wick 2 soon. XD

By the way I don't know why but after visiting Brazilian forums I have the feelings that Beauty & The Beast will be more successful than I expect.

The local movie My Mom is a Character 2 (Minha Mae é uma Peça 2) reachd $35m, passing Finding Dory ($34.5m) and will pass Suicide Squad ($36.6m). That makes it the second biggest local movie in USD, behind Tropa de Elite 2, $62m).

• Like 1

A bit off-topic but here in France we have a candidate campaigning with holograms!!! You'll learn more about it here :

I'll tell more with images and other things later this day. That's not a candidate I personally support (Mélenchon) but honestly, campaigning with holograms, do you realize how cool it is??? :shades:

14 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Exhibitor Relations‏@ERCboxoffice

RINGS scored $15.2M internationally in 35 markets. BRZ ($2.7M) MEX ($2.2M) RUS ($1.9M) FRA ($1.4M)

Really strong start, probably leaded the ranking, Horror is killing here in Brazil lately.

Wow, better start than Resident Evil 6 :o