Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Just now, KP1025 said:

How much more can F8 make?

It will probably reach R$130m, I don't see it passing R$135m.

In USD that means around $41m+

That means a bit less than Furious 7 but enough to be in the top 5 all-time.

• Like 1

This week the exchange rate went from $1 = R$3.20 on May 10 to $1 = R$3.12 on May 12

An impressive improvement.

On June 1st the GDP growth of the first quarter will be revealed, apparently an increase of the GDP is expected for the first time in years, the ER should strongly benefit from it, that's great for WonderWoman :D

5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY GROSSED R$38m IN 2014

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 REACHED R$45.3m IN ITS SECOND WEEKEND (LAST WEEKEND, NOT THIS ONE)

It's clearly a success given the first one has been passed very easily.

How much will gotg2 this weekend?

13 hours ago, MattiaSignodj said:

How much will gotg2 this weekend?

It will probably reach R$54m today. In USD the movie will probably end toward $20m+, and while it's only +25% over GOTG1 because of the ER it will be +50% in local currency.

Thanks to these characters being in Avengers 3 you can expect GOTG3 to do even better :)

5 hours ago, chrisman0606 said:

Thank god Brazil is improving I wish it would go back to 2012 level.

Unlikely, it was at a time of real weakness for the US economy and Brazil was seen as a very strong nation, one of the next giants that was unstoppable. Things are pretty different these days.

Being back to 2014 levels would be fantastic already.

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST : $41.5m

Really a fantastic number. Before its release I was thinking it reaching $30m.

I was also very surprised by the number. I thought it would do closer to Cinderella ($16 million). But then again, Maleficient was the top film of 2014 with $33 million.

• Like 2

Before opening domestically on May 19, 20th Century Fox debuted Ridley Scott’s Alien: Covenant in 34 overseas markets, where the film grossed $42 million. The film is #1 in 19 markets, including South Korea ($7.2M), UK ($6.4M), France ($4.5M), Australia ($3.1M), Spain ($1.9M), and Hong Kong ($1.8M). Alien: Covenant stars Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup, Danny McBride, Demián Bichir, Carmen Ejogo, Amy Seimetz, Jussie Smollett, Callie Hernandez, Nathaniel Dean, Alexander England, and Benjamin Rigby.

So in Brazil Alien Covenant grossed less than $1.8m OW?? My prediction wasn't optimistic (at least $2.5m) but in that case it clearly bombed o_O

24 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I was also very surprised by the number. I thought it would do closer to Cinderella ($16 million). But then again, Maleficient was the top film of 2014 with $33 million.

Promising for Frozen 2 :P

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Before opening domestically on May 19, 20th Century Fox debuted Ridley Scott’s Alien: Covenant in 34 overseas markets, where the film grossed $42 million. The film is #1 in 19 markets, including South Korea ($7.2M), UK ($6.4M), France ($4.5M), Australia ($3.1M), Spain ($1.9M), and Hong Kong ($1.8M). Alien: Covenant stars Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup, Danny McBride, Demián Bichir, Carmen Ejogo, Amy Seimetz, Jussie Smollett, Callie Hernandez, Nathaniel Dean, Alexander England, and Benjamin Rigby.

So in Brazil Alien Covenant grossed less than $1.8m OW?? My prediction wasn't optimistic (at least $2.5m) but in that case it clearly bombed o_O

I'm pretty sure the article mentioned only the countries where it opened at #1, it probably opened at #2, with around $2m-$2.1m.

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm pretty sure the article mentioned only the countries where it opened at #1, it probably opened at #2, with around $2m-$2.1m.

Let's hope so. Would make sense though.

Fox has finally sent over debut international results for Alien: Covenant, which released in 34 international markets this weekend with an estimated $42 million. The film was #1 in 19 of its opening markets including South Korea ($7.2m), UK ($6.4m), France ($4.5m), Australia ($3.1m), Spain ($1.9m) and Hong Kong ($1.8m). Next weekend, along with its domestic debut in 3,600+ theaters, the film will open in 52 markets including Germany, Russia and Sweden.

Here's a look at the top performing markets and how this opening compares to Prometheus:

• South Korea - $7.2m (+52.58% vs. Prometheus Opening)
  • United Kingdom - $6.4m (-39.85% vs. Prometheus Opening)
  • France - $4.53m (-38.41% vs. Prometheus Opening)
  • Australia - $3.09m (-79.40% vs. Prometheus Opening)
  • Mexico - $2.46m (-24.90% vs. Prometheus Opening)
  • Spain - $1.9m (-71.63% vs. Prometheus Opening)
  • Hong Kong - $1.76m (+17.24% vs. Prometheus Opening)
  • Brazil - $1.63m (-52.47% vs. Prometheus Opening)
  • Italy - $1.29m (-66.68% vs. Prometheus Opening)

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4292&p=.htm

• Like 1