Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

MAJOR RELEASES OF THE SUMMER :

SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING : JULY 6

CARS 3 : JULY 13

TRANSFORMERS 5 : JULY 20

PLANET OF THE APES 3 : AUGUST 3

July will be particularly entertaining!! Spider-Man is very likely to win this of course.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

MAJOR RELEASES OF THE SUMMER :

SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING : JULY 6

CARS 3 : JULY 13

TRANSFORMERS 5 : JULY 20

PLANET OF THE APES 3 : AUGUST 3

July will be particularly entertaining!! Spider-Man is very likely to win this of course.

YOu missed the most important one(Dunkirk). I am sure 1D fans will help it explode in Brazil.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

YOu missed the most important one(Dunkirk). I am sure 1D fans will help it explode in Brazil.

I guess it's ironic :lol: Unless....:wintf:

Movies about World War II always bomb in Brazil, the exception to the rule being Captain America 1 because it's a comicbook movie. Wonder Woman is likely to be another exception for the same reason.

Dunkirk in Brazil? Forget about it.......

32 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I guess it's ironic :lol: Unless....:wintf:

Movies about World War II always bomb in Brazil, the exception to the rule being Captain America 1 because it's a comicbook movie. Wonder Woman is likely to be another exception for the same reason.

Dunkirk in Brazil? Forget about it.......

Yeah, it's not happening at all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

True. It has the potential to become the highest-grossing Spidey movie in local currency.

It seems just like the highest grossing MCU films worldwide have Iron Man in them, it seems the highest grossing MCU films in Brazil have Iron Man in it.

• Like 1

On May 20, 2017 at 9:45 AM, keysersoze123 said:

You're absolutely right, I've seen already tons of buzz for this movie on social medias, there's a new tag promoting this movie everyday on TTs. OD easily has the biggest fanbase here, and I'm pretty sure we're going to help Nolan to recovery from his last bomb.

• Like 1

Disney/Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 has rocketed to $732.6Mglobal, becoming the 6th highest-grossing MCU release of all time. At the international box office, it recorded another $28M in 57 markets this weekend to take the total to $430.8M. It is now 19% ahead of the entire previous offshore run of GOTG at today’s FX rates.

In its 4th frame, the James Gunn-helmed sequel had good holds in many markets including Chile (-19%), France (-22%), Norway (-25%), Belgium (-25%), Australia (-28%), Netherlands (-32%), Switzerland (-33%), Malaysia (-33%), Mexico (-38%), Argentina (-39%), Germany (-39%), the UK (-39%), Japan (-39%), Brazil (-41%) and Spain (-41%).

Legs slightly better than the average for GOTG2, last weekend it was -48%. It's enough to reach $20m in the end, and with a terrible exchange rate that GOTG1 didn't have to face.

• Like 2

KING ARTHUR

Brazil was a further No. 1 with $2.3M on 870 screens, surpassing both of Ritchie’s Sherlock movies by 70% and 18%, respectively. And Australia brought in an estimated $1.8M on 404 screens, also ranking No. 1.

Overall, regional drops were 36% in Western Europe, 48% in Eastern Europe and 36% in Latin America.
The Top 5 plays are Russia ($9.4M), China ($7.8M), Mexico ($4.5M), Germany ($3.7M) and the UK ($3.3M).

• Like 1

GET OUT

Universal and Blumhouse’s Get Out brought in $13.6M in 41 territories this frame to push the horror comedy across $50M internationally and lift it to $54.6M. The worldwide total on the QC Entertainment pic is $229.5M. Korea got off to a fantastic start with $7.3M in this sophisticated market. It’s the biggest opening ever for a foreign horror/thriller title. Spain opened No. 1 with $1.2M and at the top end of comps. In Brazil, the start was $841K, atop all comps save Don’t Breathe. Italy ($584K) and Hong Kong ($295K) both bowed No. 3.Next weekend, Get Out opens in Mexico, Paraguay and Serbia/Montenegro.

• Like 1

FATE OF THE FURIOUS

In 66 markets, Universal’s 8th Fast & Furious pic drove up another $7.2M to bring the offshore score to $992.7M. Worldwide, it’s the 12th biggest film ever at $1.213B. Overseas, it’s the 6th highest-grossing movie ever, with the potential to reach $1B towards the end of the month. Japan is holding at No. 3 with a 24-day total of $30.7M. In China, the weekend estimate is $887K for a total of $386.4M (2.7B RMN). Behind China on the Top 5 list are Brazil ($40.9M), the UK ($37.2M), Mexico ($36.8M) and Germany ($31.8M).

Furious 8 is now very close to Beauty and the Beast ($41.5m) so it is certain to pass it now. But anyway BATB overperformed and I'm really glad about it because I really liked this movie :)

AND HERE WE ARE :

FATE OF THE FURIOUS PASSED BEAUTY AND THE BEAST IN LOCAL CURRENCY, MAKING IT THE HIGHEST-GROSSING MOVIE OF THE YEAR

Furious 8 = R$130.6m

Beauty and the Beast = R$129.4m

In USD BATB is still ahead by $0.6m thanks to the exchange rate but it won't last.

• Like 2