Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

What are you expecting for Wonder Woman here? I hope we can make at least R$100M / US$30M. I think this movie will play very well with brazilian audiences, she's an icon and BVS was already well received here.

If I don't give my expectations that's because I'm not so sure...this movie has everything to be a real success but the fact we have a female superhero makes it less predictable, we don't know how audiences could react.

I see it beyond $20m that's for sure but not completely sold on $30m...But I hope it can amaze us.

29 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Wonder Woman is getting praise from local critics. Biggest newspaper in Brazil gave it a 5-star rating: http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/ilustrada/2017/05/1888696-filme-de-super-heroina-e-tao-bom-que-parece-da-marvel.shtml

Can't wait to see the numbers here! 

Great ?

I'm seeing Wonder Woman today. Unfortunately in my new town they are showing only the dubbed version, but there will be a subtitled screening tomorrow so I will see it twice. I didn't want to see the dubbed version first but I'm too excited to wait for tomorrow :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I'm seeing Wonder Woman today. Unfortunately in my new town they are showing only the dubbed version, but there will be a subtitled screening tomorrow so I will see it twice. I didn't want to see the dubbed version first but I'm too excited to wait for tomorrow :ph34r:

Hope you enjoy it ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Brazil emerges from recession as GDP grows 1%

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-40120364?ocid=socialflow_twitter#

Economically speaking Brazil left the worst behind it, that's great :)

Despite these great news the Brazilian Real weakened a bit yesterday, sometimes investors are completely irrational :(

WONDER WOMAN OPENING DAY

Brazil landed $1M (R$3.4M) on 1,273 screens, more than doubling POTC5 for the day. Including Wednesday previews, the running cume is now $1.5M (R$4.8M). The (largely male-dominated) pics WW bested at bow include Thor (+79%), Ant-Man (+42%), Doctor Strange (+37%), Man Of Steel (+31%), and First Avenger (+11%)

13 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

WONDER WOMAN OPENING DAY

Brazil landed $1M (R$3.4M) on 1,273 screens, more than doubling POTC5 for the day. Including Wednesday previews, the running cume is now $1.5M (R$4.8M). The (largely male-dominated) pics WW bested at bow include Thor (+79%), Ant-Man (+42%), Doctor Strange (+37%), Man Of Steel (+31%), and First Avenger (+11%)

This opening is similar to GOTG2's. Will @Napoleon @Mockingjay Raphael @alisson23 tell me it's a failure ? :rofl:

GOTG2 did well in the end, the same number for the first WW movie would be great and slightly behind Doctor Strange. That's satisfying in the end.

No, this is far from being a failure. Two completely different situations. Wonder Woman is an origin movie, these type of movies hardly makes huge numbers (and it will still surpass every Origin movie in the MCU), while GOTG2 is a SEQUEL to a supposedly beloved first movie, both movies coming in the same range just reinforce the disappointment of GOTG2's numbers.

Oh, and I doubt WW will have the same poor legs as this one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

This opening is similar to GOTG2's. Will @Napoleon @Mockingjay Raphael @alisson23 tell me it's a failure ? :rofl:

GOTG2 did well in the end, the same number for the first WW movie would be great and slightly behind Doctor Strange. That's satisfying in the end.

What a sensational flop! With such a big IP and the huge success of BVS there, I was expecting WW to at least double what GOTG2 has done.

(I did not really mean it, just wanted to show how an extreme fanboy can interpret two roughly same numbers differently, and then try to come up with nonsense defenses for his interpretation)

Edited by CasualName99
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CasualName99 said:

What a sensational flop! With such a big IP and the huge success of BVS there, I was expecting WW to at least double what GOTG2 has done.

(I did not really mean it, just wanted to show how an extreme fanboy can interpret two roughly same numbers differently, and then try to come up with nonsense defenses for his interpretation)

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

No, this is far from being a failure. Two completely different situations. Wonder Woman is an origin movie, these type of movies hardly makes huge numbers (and it will still surpass every Origin movie in the MCU), while GOTG2 is a SEQUEL to a supposedly beloved first movie, both movies coming in the same range just reinforce the disappointment of GOTG2's numbers.

Oh, and I doubt WW will have the same poor legs as this one. 

Exactly my dear CasualName99, Raphael's post is the perfect embodiment of that :rofl:  That's so funny to see him contort himself that way :sparta: