Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

I'll repost it here :

Image result for moana

MOANA reached $11.1m this weekend, it's incredible : I personally expected to see it around $9.5m; meaning that the movie has fantastic legs and a great WOM, I'm amazed at Moana there, $20m is reachable and it will pass Rogue One next week :o

• Like 5

It's official : Minha Mãe é uma Peça 2 will be the first movie to pass R$100m this year. In 2016 only a few movies reached that milestone : Batman vs Superman, Civil War, Finding Dory and Suicide Squad.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

MOANA OPENING WEEK : R$14m

MOANA SECOND WEEKEND : R$10.1m

-28%

If we take into account that Moana got the second best OW for a Disney/Pixar movie it's an amazing hold!

You really confuse me with your OW (Opening Week, Opening Weekend)... Wouldn't a weekend-to-week-comparision be a bit unfair and even more impressive? Or is it both Weekend? :huh:

3 minutes ago, Aristis said:

You really confuse me with your OW (Opening Week, Opening Weekend)... Wouldn't a weekend-to-week-comparision be a bit unfair and even more impressive? Or is it both Weekend? :huh:

It's always a weekend-on-weekend comparison, I don't have weekdays numbers ;)

On 1/15/2017 at 3:33 PM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

If my theater has any credibility, then La La Land should do massive numbers in Brazil, it was sold out, and it was the last show of the night! The public loved it, even clapped at the end.

About the movie: Such a magical experience, I don't even remember the last movie that I watched that gave me so many feelings, I left the movie with a tear in the eye and a song in my head. Masterpiece. 

which theatre is local

On 1/15/2017 at 3:33 PM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

If my theater has any credibility, then La La Land should do massive numbers in Brazil, it was sold out, and it was the last show of the night! The public loved it, even clapped at the end.

About the movie: Such a magical experience, I don't even remember the last movie that I watched that gave me so many feelings, I left the movie with a tear in the eye and a song in my head. Masterpiece. 

9 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Playarte Manauara! :) 

Easily biggest location playing in your city, overall Playarte Manauara biggest in area does about 55-60% business of three closest complexes combined

Ponta Negra is #2 in area in $, Manaus Plaza in Admits

Edited by Doctor RTH gone Rouge
  • Like 6