Jump to content

Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread | War for The Planet of the Apes finally there! Spider-Man Homecoming and Despicable Me 3 still doing well

Recommended Posts

Fullbuster    13,994
3 minutes ago, xSabrinax said:

3D doesn't help just a little, it helps a lot. If it just made R$25m, then it means that it dropped in admissions, and that news about 500k OD was fake.

According to my calculations MJ1 grossed R$17m OW,not R$23m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fullbuster    13,994
15 minutes ago, xSabrinax said:

No, it was R$23M.

 

Look:
Link 1

Link 2

 

There is something weird, that doesn't match the exchange rate in November 2014...$7.2m * 2.50 ($1 = R$2.5 in Nov 2014) = R$18m

With an OW reaching $6.8m MJ2 would get R$26m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xSabrinax    908
1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

There is something weird, that doesn't match the exchange rate in November 2014...$7.2m * 2.50 ($1 = R$2.5 in Nov 2014) = R$18m

With an OW reaching $6.8m MJ2 would get R$26m.

They maybe used another ER to count on BOM. If i'm not wrong on The-Numbers website they put $8m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fullbuster    13,994
8 minutes ago, xSabrinax said:

They maybe used another ER to count on BOM. If i'm not wrong on The-Numbers website they put $8m.

$8m is not enough, you'd need $9.2m to get R$23m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xSabrinax    908
47 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

$8m is not enough, you'd need $9.2m to get R$23m

We don't know the ER for each day fullbuster.

But here is Raphael himself saying the ESTIMATES for that weekend:

 

On 23/11/2014 15:10:42, Mockingjay Raphael said:

and Brazil garnered almost 60% market share on $8.8M during a long holiday weekend.

Flop

 

On 24/11/2014 13:41:43, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Mockingjay made R$ 22M with 1,8M of ADM.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fullbuster    13,994
41 minutes ago, xSabrinax said:

We don't know the ER for each day fullbuster.

But here is Raphael himself saying the ESTIMATES for that weekend:

 

 

 

 

The ER is not calculated everyday but from the OD's ER from what I remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xSabrinax    908

I think MJ2 is playing a little bit under MJ1 in admissions...

 

According to Paris Filmes:

"More than 1 million people already saw the movie" - Updated on Saturday, November 22, 2015 (Source).

 

By comparison, when PF tweet about MJ1:

"Until yesterday the film was attended by more than 1.1 million" - Saturday, November 22, 2014 (Source)

 

Edited by xSabrinax
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fullbuster    13,994
8 hours ago, xSabrinax said:

I think MJ2 is playing a little bit under MJ1 in admissions...

 

According to Paris Filmes:

"More than 1 million people already saw the movie" - Updated on Saturday, November 22, 2015 (Source).

 

By comparison, when PF tweet about MJ1:

"Until yesterday the film was attended by more than 1.1 million" - Saturday, November 22, 2014 (Source)

 

That wouldn't be good..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fullbuster    13,994

I remember when Raphie told us about the movie reaching $30m for sure in Brazil :ph34r: I told $25m would be great already and that $30m would be very difficult to reach..I was right :P  However I never expected less than $20m :ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnnY    987

MJ2 OW was just boring considering how big its predecessors were 

 

but who cares about MJ let's shift our attention to TGD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fullbuster    13,994
7 minutes ago, JohnnY said:

MJ2 OW was just boring considering how big its predecessors were 

 

but who cares about MJ let's shift our attention to TGD

Yeah, boring is a good word, "uneventful" could be even better. As for TGD you're talking about the US right? Brazil won't have it before January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Napoleon    3,108
15 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Blur, Napoléon, JohnnY, what do You think of MJ2's OW on Brazil and the world? :)

Well, I don't really understand much about international box office, but it seems that the movie is not doing so bad in Brazil compared to other countries.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fullbuster    13,994
1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Well, I don't really understand much about international box office, but it seems that the movie is not doing so bad in Brazil compared to other countries.

 

True, the decrease in dollars is very limited compared to many countries and the increase in lc seems pretty high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xSabrinax    908

1

The Hunger Games Mockingjay - Part 2 20.823.000
2 Spectre 3.954.000
3 The Last Witch Hunter 2.609.000
4 S.O.S. Mulheres ao mar 2 1.209.000
5 Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse 1.059.000
6 The Snow Queen 2 1.035.000
7 Black Mass 940.000
8 Vai que cola 442.500
9 Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension 346.000
10 Bridge of Spies

248.000

Edited by xSabrinax
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PierreHP    163
4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I remember when Raphie told us about the movie reaching $30m for sure in Brazil :ph34r: I told $25m would be great already and that $30m would be very difficult to reach..I was right :P  However I never expected less than $20m :ph34r:

I don't think that SW will do much more either.

B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fullbuster    13,994
1 hour ago, xSabrinax said:

1

The Hunger Games Mockingjay - Part 2 20.823.000
2 Spectre 3.954.000
3 The Last Witch Hunter 2.609.000
4 S.O.S. Mulheres ao mar 2 1.209.000
5 Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse 1.059.000
6 The Snow Queen 2 1.035.000
7 Black Mass 940.000
8 Vai que cola 442.500
9 Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension 346.000
10 Bridge of Spies

248.000

Spectre got a much better hold than expected, and MJ2 is worse than expected -> when you take the ER into account it's only $5.5m o_o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.