Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

The biggest movie opening next week in Brazil is The Raven and, since Battleship isn't getting good WOM here (I don't think this is getting good WOM anywhere, actually lol), Avengers is still the top choice for all four quadrants. The only competition for the rest of the month is MiB 3, the other films are a bunch of foreign releases which will probably be shown in a few selected theaters. I guess we can expect more good numbers for Avengers.

What can it reach total here?

$55m-$60mThe number one movie in 2011 was Rio ($38m), Avatar did $58m and Tropa de Elites 2 (local movie) did $62mSo Avengers could become number 2 all-time in Brazil if it passes Avatar, otherwise it would be third :oIt's unbelievable, and given Brazil's growth $100m would be easily attainable in 2015 for Avengers 2 :o Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

$55m-$60mThe number one movie in 2011 was Rio ($38m), Avatar did $58m and Tropa de Elites 2 (local movie) did $62mSo Avengers could become number 2 all-time in Brazil if it passes Avatar, otherwise it would be third :oIt's unbelievable, and given Brazil's growth $100m would be easily attainable in 2015 for Avengers 2 :o

Truely unbelievable :bouncy:
  • Like 1

$55m-$60m

The number one movie in 2011 was Rio ($38m), Avatar did $58m and Tropa de Elites 2 (local movie) did $62m

So Avengers could become number 2 all-time in Brazil if it passes Avatar, otherwise it would be third :o

It's unbelievable, and given Brazil's growth $100m would be easily attainable in 2015 for Avengers 2 :o

I think it can become #1 all time. Just some small analysis...

I'm considering only the weekends after the opening weekend.

Tuesday, May 1 was a national holiday, which means almost all schools were also out on Monday, so that helped the first week a lot and the second weekend (May 4 - 6) had only weak openers, while the third one (May 11 - 13) had Battleship, although we don't know if it had a good opening.

No big movies will open next weekend and the previous week didn't have the benefit of holidays, so a 30% drop seems really possible.

OW (April 27-29) - 10.814m

First Week (April 30 - May 6) - 20.564m / Total: 31.378m

Second Week (May 7 - 13) - 13.222m (-35.7%) / Total: 44.6m

Third Weekend (May 14 - 20) - 9.25m (-30%) / Total: 53.85m

Add a 45% drop for the fourth week and it's already at 59m.

Edited by JohnnY

I undestand why they loved Rio (2011) and will go nuts about Rio2(2014), but the highest preAvenger was CA(2011) with paltry $20.7m (maybe they thought we are Americans too).Do they suddenly love the funny clolorful costumes, because it remindes them on carneval?

I undestand why they loved Rio (2011) and will go nuts about Rio2(2014), but the highest preAvenger was CA(2011) with paltry $20.7m (maybe they thought we are Americans too).Do they suddenly love the funny clolorful costumes, because it remindes them on carneval?

Or maybe the just liked this movie very much? :rolleyes:

Or maybe the just liked this movie very much? :rolleyes:

According to Rudolf,apparently, all countries except USA hate superheroes, so he doesn't understand this global success.Everybody can love SH movies, but these movies have to be good, ambitious, as The Avengers,TDK or Spiderman movies.He always use Captain America,Iron Man 2 or Thor but they weren't very ambitious, pretty slow, so they couldn't have a global success.The Avengers is a great movie, very ambitious with a good marketing campaign, so it won :)

$55m-$60mThe number one movie in 2011 was Rio ($38m), Avatar did $58m and Tropa de Elites 2 (local movie) did $62mSo Avengers could become number 2 all-time in Brazil if it passes Avatar, otherwise it would be third :oIt's unbelievable, and given Brazil's growth $100m would be easily attainable in 2015 for Avengers 2 :o

I actually think that THE AVENGERS can surpass ELITE SQUAD 2 and become the most grossing movie ever here in Brazil when it's all said and done. Unbefuckinglievable.

It looks to be the case here. But why? Fullbuster thinks because it was ambitious and had good marketing. Well maybe.

I really think people in USA understimate Marvel and DC superheroes. They are myths not only here in Brazil or USA, but all around the globe. People love them some superhero movies, and THE AVENGERS is the best of them all. :lol:

I actually think that THE AVENGERS can surpass ELITE SQUAD 2 and become the most grossing movie ever here in Brazil when it's all said and done. Unbefuckinglievable.

It still won't be #1 all time. Titanic made $70m without the re-release.