Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

18 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

MJ2: Brazil with $1.18M, +6% at 1,245 screens.

I hope it's +6% in dollars, not in local currency because we never know with them. In $ that would be great, in local currency that would be horrible. I don't know why but $1.18m seems weak for an OD.

It decreased in local currency too. US$ 1,18M = R$ 4,4M

But that R$ 8,7M Opening Day for MJ1 counts the previews the night before.

Maybe that's why they reported a 6% increase for MJ2: they must be comparing with only the previews or only the OD without the previews.

• Like 1

This 8,7M is not the OD for MJ1.

Those numbers counts: Previews + Wednesday + Thursday.

On FilmeB it says: "A renda somada das sessões de quarta e quinta está estimada pelo Filme B Box Office em R$ 8,7 milhões"

Edited by xSabrinax
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

So did Mj2 make more or not?

From what I see it apparently made a bit more in lc and much less in dollars but difficult to be sure because of the previews counted in the OD.

R$8.7m meant $3.45m with the exchange rate from November 2014 but $1.18m OD just means R$4.5m with today's exchange rate.

I don't think previews could generate such an amount of money there.

So I guess the 6% increase is only in lc, that would be quite bad for a finale, and a disaster in dollars.

but it's only a speculation, no way to be sure before the OW numbers.

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

So did Mj2 make more or not?

From what I see it apparently made a bit more in lc and much less in dollars but difficult to be sure because of the previews counted in the OD.

R$8.7m meant $3.45m with the exchange rate from November 2014 but $1.18m OD just means R$4.5m with today's exchange rate.

I don't think previews could generate such an amount of money there.

So I guess the 6% increase is only in lc, that would be quite bad for a finale, and a disaster in dollars.

but it's only a speculation, no way to be sure before the OW numbers.

5 hours ago, xSabrinax said:

On FilmeB it says: "A renda somada das sessões de quarta e quinta está estimada pelo Filme B Box Office em R$ 8,7 milhões"

It's a meess :o

11 hours ago, xSabrinax said:

But the article says the previews were on Wednesday night, and the opening day was on Thursday. Is it wrong? 

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

But the article says the previews were on Wednesday night, and the opening day was on Thursday. Is it wrong? 

MJ2 got the weakest start of the franchise in the US, with 16m from previews compared to 17m for MJ1, 19.5m for THG1 and 25.3m from CF. 115m OW expect (MJ1 got 121m)

Raphael collapsed! :ph34r: