Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | With booming ER, Kongzilla reaches $27.7M and Kung Fu P4nd4 $33.1M.

Couldn't find any info from Rentrak, but looking at the weekly numbers it should be up in aud/lc but static in USD due to the ER.

Weekend report! To be updated as info is available.

Deadline

• HT2: US$21M cum. Another stellar weekend! Could it be back at #1?
  • Pan: US$1.6M weekend (having expanded on a further 100 screens from Friday) for a $5.6M cum.
  • The Intern: 5% increase on last weekend, which is very unusual ...  cum of $US3.8M to date!
  • The Walk: With previews, US$750K OW on 788 screens.
Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 1

Mojo is again (sporadically) posting the Mexican box-office chart!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/mexico/?yr=2015&wk=41&p=.htm

---

Meanwhile, Star Wars VII seems to be breaking pre-release records! It's going to be huge ...the original tre-quel is a cult classic.

Unfortunately the only available gross I could find for the entire saga is:

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

OW: US$3,387,551, 33,384,993 lc, 500 theatres.

Extended OW: US$5,704,170, 56,215,736 lc, 500 theatres.

Total: US$8,793,561, 87,487,992 lc.

which looks very underwhelming, it fizzled quite quickly. But market has grown exponentially since then. I'd be surprised if it opens with less than 150M lc.So I forecast over US$30M, but could go as high as US$40M if WOM is strong. Of course ER could suddenly improve or implode.

Mojo is again (sporadically) posting the Mexican box-office chart!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/mexico/?yr=2015&wk=41&p=.htm

---

Meanwhile, Star Wars VII seems to be breaking pre-release records! It's going to be huge ...the original tre-quel is a cult classic.

Unfortunately the only available gross I could find for the entire saga is:

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

OW: US$3,387,551, 33,384,993 lc, 500 theatres.

Extended OW: US$5,704,170, 56,215,736 lc, 500 theatres.

Total: US$8,793,561, 87,487,992 lc.

which looks very underwhelming, it fizzled quite quickly. But market has grown exponentially since then. I'd be surprised if it opens with less than 150M lc.So I forecast over US$30M, but could go as high as US$40M if WOM is strong. Of course ER could suddenly improve or implode.

If there is a market in Latin America where SW7 can do well it's really Mexico

• Like 1

Skyfall grossed less than US$10M but Spectre has all the odds in its favour and should win the weekend. However there's enough room for the Little Prince to do decently, HT2 is on its way out.

Mojo is slowly but surely adding the missing weekly charts from 2015. The latest one is available below, there's some interesting totals outside the Top 10. Keep in mind they use the ERs inconsistently.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/mexico/?yr=2015&wk=44&p=.htm

44 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Weekly numbers. Good holds for all movies, Goosebumps a pleasant surprise. HT2 should cross MX$400M by next week!

This weekend is all about Spectre, how much will Crimson Peak fall and how will The Little Prince perform.

dongato_zpsen9mj1rk.png

But The Little Prince opens wide until November 13th, this weekend is just a small preview of saturday and Sunday.

• Like 1