AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

So Disney  actually filed an application to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to secure the phrase “Día de los Muertos,”  Lol that's kinda messed up. I have a bad feeling about the box office prospects of this film.

4 minutes ago, Hades said:

So Disney  actually filed an application to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to secure the phrase “Día de los Muertos,”  Lol that's kinda messed up. I have a bad feeling about the box office prospects of this film.

They didn't go through with it.

I'm still thinking that this will play like a smaller Moana.

1 hour ago, Hades said:

Lol, seriously? That's as messed up as when the Fine Bros. of Youtube fame tried to trademark the word "react." 

As for B.O., anywhere between 230-300 sounds right depending on quality. 

Edited by MovieMan89

21 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

I'm out of the loop, what's the cultural insensitivity thing? 

A few years ago there was a story about Disney trying to trademark "Dia de los Muertos", and the Vanity Fair article that just came out mentioned Unkrich being personally affected by the backlash 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

A few years ago there was a story about Disney trying to trademark "Dia de los Muertos", and the Vanity Fair article that just came out mentioned Unkrich being personally affected by the backlash 

Oh thanks :) Yeah, yikes Disney. 

42 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Disney Lawyers tried to trade mark a phrase in Spanish a while back. Nothing too severe

• Like 1