AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

I admit, I'm really surprised they're doing a mexican themed movie called "Coco" that isn't about el Coco...  

Unless they're hiding it.

Edited by Sal

Sure enough, already got "Pixar has run out of ideas" checked off on the bingo card.

Though admittedly they did kind of force the "sense of wonder" in the trailer and the sudden cut to commercial trailer music didn't fit. Still, certainly looks a lot better than Cars. Only way we'll know for sure how much is with reviews.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Sure enough, already got "Pixar has run out of ideas" checked off on the bingo card.

Though admittedly they did kind of force the "sense of wonder" in the trailer and the sudden cut to commercial "wondrous" trailer music didn't fit. Still, certainly looks a lot better than Cars. Only way we'll know for sure how much is with reviews.

My latino mutuals on facebook are super excited by this trailer.  I'm guessing this teaser isn't showing any of the actual story though.

I loved the intimacy of the scene of him playing the guitar against the TV, even if it is similar looking to Remy with Gusteau and Wall-E with Hello Dolly. Just felt the transition to the "Grand adventure" was a bit too abrupt. Definitely looks gorgeous though.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sal said:

I admit, I'm really surprised they're doing a mexican themed movie called "Coco" that isn't about el Coco...  

Unless they're hiding it.

I wonder too...

Thing is that the legend of el Coco (or Cuco in some other Spanish-speaking countries) has huge narrative and cinematic potential.

• Like 3

Originality is so overrated. Gimme a compelling story, relatable characters, thrilling suspense, laughs, emotional resonance and an ending that makes me cheer, and I'm good. So what if we have seen plot elements before? Show me a modern film that is 100 %, unequivocal ly, unquestionably original on every single frame, and I will show you a real, live mermaid/unicorn/gorgon hybrid.

• Like 25

12 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

Originality is so overrated. Gimme a compelling story, relatable characters, thrilling suspense, laughs, emotional resonance and an ending that makes me cheer, and I'm good. So what if we have seen plot elements before? Show me a modern film that is 100 %, unequivocal ly, unquestionably original on every single frame, and I will show you a real, live mermaid/unicorn/gorgon hybrid.

+1

Every story, every arc for any character, every feeling have been already portrayed in theater, books or cinema. It's all about how well it is portrayed. And Pixar usually scores high in this.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Morieris said:

It's gorgeous.

It's not creative, but it's gorgeous.

I think if they tried to be any more colorful that would've just fueled the BoL ripoff complaints even more. Right now it still has the "realism" angle going for it.