AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

50 minutes ago, YourMother said:

1.) I said it was a possibility not a lock or likely to happen. However thanks to that Frozen short that isn't happening.

2.) I wasn't the only one. 

@TwoMisfits-

I'd be in on a The Star club as long as it's not too crazy:)...The Star over Coco would get me...The Star over B&TB 2017...probably not:)...

@The Mummified Panda

As much as I want Coco to do well, that sounds reasonable.

Yup, you all can call me crazy with The Star over Coco...I'll even stick with it despite the Frozen short:)...I see that hurting as much as helping...my spouse would probably rather gouge his eyes out than see the snowman again in anything (that was his least favorite part of Frozen by far:)...

So, just like I've stuck with WW as a $300M+ movie, just like I stuck with WW over GOTG 2 this summer, and just like I stuck with Baywatch til it flamed out (okay, okay, I'm totally not perfect:)...I'll keep my 2017 bold prediction in play until reality intrudes or til I'm right:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Always interesting to read a Pixar thread. Just a rehash of the same old arguments(by the same people) with every single one of them, just changing the movie's name. But then again when I think about it Illumination's threads are pretty much the same. Even CBM threads have pretty much the same problem. 

Actually when I really think about it that's pretty much the whole BOT in a nutshell. :thinking:

• Like 4

This looks really gorgeous and probably will be great. That said, both times I've got the trailers, I've heard audience members loudly exclaim that it reminds them of BOOK OF LIFE. Maybe that film's more popular than we expected? Could see it being true since it' was one of Netflix's few mainstream animations before the Disney deal; might affect this box office a ton

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

They also officially confirmed Michael Giacchino is doing the film score

Never understood what the point of keeping his involvement a secret was, anyway. I suppose it may have had to do with the fact that the Frozen songwriters (the Lopez's), also wrote a song for the film.

Edited by Fancyarcher