#8 - $5.1 million

#9 - $3.3 million

#10 - $3 million

#11 - $1.7 million

#12 - $1 million

Final Total: $285 million

Edited by the beast
  • Thanks 2

The plot of the movie and the Hispanic culture lend themselves to music effortlessly. It feels like a musical without really selling itself as a musical like Moana, Sing or Frozen. I am hopeful that the movie will be of high quality but I am not sure about the bo prospects. I mean it will do well, but the days when Pixar use to just break the 200m barrier repeatedly seem a little more distant. I hope this achieves that benchmark. 200 dom /400 os /600 ww would be solid, if unspectacular.

On 8/4/2017 at 9:23 PM, Morieris said:

When he unfolds the picture....why didn't his grandmother rip off the guitar too...

If the face could have been folded away she would have done that too maybe. But folding across the breadth would also remove the face of the wife, who was of a similar height. Looks like folding was the first preference, which was possible vertically on one side without effecting anyone else in the photograph, but wasn't possible horizontally at the top without effecting anyone else. :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Probably a final trailer with Ninjago/MLP

Probably with Ninjago. In lieu of a Ralph trailer with HT1, a Frozen trailer with Cloudy 2, BH6 trailer with Boxtrolls, TGD trailer with HT2, and Moana trailer with Storks.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, expensiveho said:

Kinda scary how this is the Oscar frontrunner before early reactions or major hype. This would need mixed reviews and one GKIDS release to receive universal praise to even consider about it losing the award.

That's what happens with a pretty lousy animation slate this year. The only other competitors from major studios would be the two Lego movies (provided Ninjago is good) but seeing how The Lego Movie got infamously snubbed...

If Coco disappoints it could be all indie/foreign animation this year.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

Good Dinosaur's final trailer was actually with... Pan. Doubt that was the big reason it bombed, though.

I wouldn't be shocked if they go with Ninjago for an initial release but with the musical aspect and DDM theme it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to promote it with a musical October release.

Edited by tribefan695