Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

tribefan695

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | November 22, 2017 | TEASER TRAILER P. 18

440 posts in this topic

Looks very good. 

Posted (edited)

I admit, I'm really surprised they're doing a mexican themed movie called "Coco" that isn't about el Coco...  

Unless they're hiding it.

Edited by Sal

Posted (edited)

Sure enough, already got "Pixar has run out of ideas" checked off on the bingo card.

Though admittedly they did kind of force the "sense of wonder" in the trailer and the sudden cut to commercial trailer music didn't fit. Still, certainly looks a lot better than Cars. Only way we'll know for sure how much is with reviews.

Edited by tribefan695
1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Sure enough, already got "Pixar has run out of ideas" checked off on the bingo card.

Though admittedly they did kind of force the "sense of wonder" in the trailer and the sudden cut to commercial "wondrous" trailer music didn't fit. Still, certainly looks a lot better than Cars. Only way we'll know for sure how much is with reviews.

My latino mutuals on facebook are super excited by this trailer.  I'm guessing this teaser isn't showing any of the actual story though.

Posted (edited)

I loved the intimacy of the scene of him playing the guitar against the TV, even if it is similar looking to Remy with Gusteau and Wall-E with Hello Dolly. Just felt the transition to the "Grand adventure" was a bit too abrupt. Definitely looks gorgeous though.

Edited by tribefan695
1 person likes this

It does look cute and the Land of the Dead seemed neat. I'll see this for sure.

18 minutes ago, Sal said:

I admit, I'm really surprised they're doing a mexican themed movie called "Coco" that isn't about el Coco...  

Unless they're hiding it.

I wonder too...

Thing is that the legend of el Coco (or Cuco in some other Spanish-speaking countries) has huge narrative and cinematic potential.

2 people like this

Originality is so overrated. Gimme a compelling story, relatable characters, thrilling suspense, laughs, emotional resonance and an ending that makes me cheer, and I'm good. So what if we have seen plot elements before? Show me a modern film that is 100 %, unequivocal ly, unquestionably original on every single frame, and I will show you a real, live mermaid/unicorn/gorgon hybrid.

24 people like this

12 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

Originality is so overrated. Gimme a compelling story, relatable characters, thrilling suspense, laughs, emotional resonance and an ending that makes me cheer, and I'm good. So what if we have seen plot elements before? Show me a modern film that is 100 %, unequivocal ly, unquestionably original on every single frame, and I will show you a real, live mermaid/unicorn/gorgon hybrid.

+1

Every story, every arc for any character, every feeling have been already portrayed in theater, books or cinema. It's all about how well it is portrayed. And Pixar usually scores high in this.

5 people like this

It's gorgeous.

It's not creative, but it's gorgeous.

So excited for this.

It's creative and it's gorgeous.

9 people like this

4 minutes ago, Morieris said:

It's gorgeous.

It's not creative, but it's gorgeous.

I think if they tried to be any more colorful that would've just fueled the BoL ripoff complaints even more. Right now it still has the "realism" angle going for it. 

Eh reaction from me.....Pixar isn't good with trailers anyways. 

1 person likes this

I don't see this doing over $250M domestic.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Calling WDAS/Pixar unoriginal and praising Illumination for being fresh in the same sentence isn't doing you any favors.

Edited by cookie
10 people like this

Here's My Reaction/Review to this Beautiful Fantastic Trailer for Coco! 

3 people like this

Meh

1 person likes this