Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

24 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Yes it does. He was talking about how fox is ushering in a new era of ballsy comic book movies and I gave an example that shows that they can flounder. Moreover, this movie is a horror movie now..exactly what that was initially but turned into something else later in the post.

I don't see how it discredits my argument. There's of course always the chance a movie will suck even if it does take risks. That's art in general. But Fox has been two for three in terms of their more genre-bending CBMs. Not to mention, Fantastic Four had a notoriously disastrous production, with a lot of butting heads and a hard to work with director. Obviously, we won't know how good the film is and whether production ran smoothly or not until months later, but Boone has been able to pull off a well-received film before, and while he hasn't done anything horror-related, he seems like a trustworthy director.

Also, Fantastic Four was only given studio meddling because of negative fan feedback and a douchey director. Deadpool and Logan were made with little interference, at least to my knowledge, and production ran smoothly and obviously were big moneymakers. I see little reason why New Mutants will be any different unless Boone is a douche to work with or fans feel the horror elements are against what NM stands for.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I don't see how it discredits my argument. There's of course always the chance a movie will suck even if it does take risks. That's art in general. But Fox has been two for three in terms of their more genre-bending CBMs. Not to mention, Fantastic Four had a notoriously disastrous production, with a lot of butting heads and a hard to work with director. Obviously, we won't know how good the film is and whether production ran smoothly or not until months later, but Boone has been able to pull off a well-received film before, and while he hasn't done anything horror-related, he seems like a trustworthy director.

Also, Fantastic Four was only given studio meddling because of negative fan feedback and a douchey director. Deadpool and Logan were made with little interference, at least to my knowledge, and production ran smoothly and obviously were big moneymakers. I see little reason why New Mutants will be any different unless Boone is a douche to work with or fans feel the horror elements are against what NM stands for.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All I am saying is that whether your director is douchey or not, you let him make what he originally envisioned..for good or bad. That monstrosity was a hodge podge imcomplete mess with reshoots so obvious that you can't help but wonder. Anyways, shit happens. Both parties have obviously moved on. Fox seems to have learnt its mistakes and letting directors do their thing rather than bowing down to the negative hate fueled fans and changing stuff for the worse. Trank though...lol...I think he might be shooting his next soon..Hardy even posted a photo of his Capone look. 

And apparently the character Rosario Dawson is in talks for is Dr. Cecelia Reyes, a mutant doctor. So... kinda the X-Men version of her Netflix role :P But this time she has powers of her own.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2017 at 5:56 PM, babz06 said:

Will this make its release date? 

I wouldn't see why not. Fox has done some pretty quick filming and post-production on their X-Men movies.

As long as this actually starts shooting in July, it should be okay.

yeah it looks very tight. but then also logan was

Logan - May to August (3 month shoot), Feb release

so this being july to probably october? then april release is similar to logan.

I know it has more CGI and post productions, but considering he has been working on this for very long time. he can make it I guess.

(remember the leaked part of animated storyboard '6 month ago')

55 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

by the way, I'm really disappointed with sunspot casting. (white washing).

it will get some negative news later when this picked up by new outlet more.  

He's Brazilian though, at least they got that right this time around. As a Brazilian myself I'm fine with that as it's much better than having a Mexican play him like the last time.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RedX said:

How do you make a post from instagram or Twitter visible? 

For Twitter: There's a tiny down arrow at the upper right corner of the tweet. Click it, then click the "Embed this tweet" option. Copy the code and post it on "Source" mode (Source tab present in the upper left corner of your post).

Ditto for Instagram (you can get the embed code by clicking on the "..." button at the lower right of the Insta post, then click "Embed").

#newmutants #xmen #charlieheaton #samguthrie #cannonball

A post shared by Josh Boone (@joshboonemovies) on

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

For Twitter: There's a tiny down arrow at the upper right corner of the tweet. Click it, then click the "Embed this tweet" option. Copy the code and post it on "Source" mode (Source tab present in the upper left corner of your post).

Ditto for Instagram (you can get the embed code by clicking on the "..." button at the lower right of the Insta post, then click "Embed").

that's one attractive motherfucker

• Like 1