Water Bottle

CAYOM Magazine

Smallville Industries Announces Cast for City of Bones

Smallville Industries has officially announced the cast for its Blockbuster Hopeful City of Bones it will Star

[*]Dakota Fanning as Clarissa (Clary) Fray

[*]JR Bourne as Jace Wayland

[*]Jesse Einsberg as Simon Lewis

[*]Eliza Dushku as Isabelle Lightwood

[*]Jackson Rathbone as Alec Lightwood

[*]Joe Manginello as Lucien Graymark

[*]Sebastian Roche as Valentine Morganstern

[*]Zeljko Ivanek as Manus Bane

[*]Josh Lucas as Hodge Starkweather

[*]Julie Benz as Jocelyn Fray Fairchild

Attack of the Retarded Alligator... returns... for the first time everAnna Faris and Ryan Reynolds will star in a horror/thriller comedy with some cheap CGI effects for an alligator, Year 2 January.

Number 2 Productions mass marketing campaign for Adventures, Paranoia, Tarsem Singh's Cinderella, Apocalypse, Sitting Ducks, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, The Dark Victorian, The Chrysalids, Bartimaeus and the Amulet of Samarkand, and The Neighbourhood is officially under way!

Michael D'Antonio Talks "Icarus"

Disney's latest animated musical is set to soar into theaters this November, and director and writer Michael D'Antonio is hear to share some of the secrets behind the film. Learn why Wings of Icarus was the Disney film that almost wasn't, and take a sneak peek into some of the studio's plans for the future.

Cinema Scene: First off, thank you for sitting down to talk with us about this film. The trailers look amazing and the extended trailer shown at this year's Comic-Con blew everybody away. Are you excited to see Icarus hit theaters?

D'Antonio: Beyond excited. This is the first movie I've ever had full creative control on and it's a dream come true. I never imagined I'd be in this position and it feels like a dream that's going to be over soon. I hope I don't wake up!

Cinema Scene: It was a long road to Icarus for sure, and apparently you very nearly left Disney for good a few years back. Can you explain why you decided to stay?

D'Antonio: Sure. In 2004, my best friend and college roommate James Westerley had been laid off from Disney along with a lot of other animators when Disney decided to focus on CGI animation over traditional. He contacted me about starting a new animation studio. I was working as an Imagineer at the time and I very nearly left to go work with him, but I decided that I was better off where I was at, I had two young kids and a wife to provide for and I decided I couldn't take the financial risk at the time. The studio would've been called Gemini, James and I were like twin brothers in that we thought exactly alike and so we decided to name it that. It would've been a lot better than "Two Guys And An Animation Studio" or something like that.

Cinema Scene: Do you ever think about what might've been?

D'Antonio: I used to, but after a year or two I realized I was happy where I was at. I mean, to be able to run an animation studio would've been incredible, but it's not like we would've had a bunch of $300 million grossing films and a Best Picture Oscar or anything. Although that would be sweet, for an animated film to win Best Picture. I like to dream big.

Cinema Scene: So how did you get back into animation?

D'Antonio: In 2008, Disney contacted me about joining the writing staff for the Rapunzel film they were doing, they wanted me to work with Byron Howard and Nathan Greno and retool the film as an animated musical. They're good buddies of mine and it was my dream to work on an animated musical, so I jumped at the opportunity.

Cinema Scene: And the rest is history.

D'Antonio: Yeah, seeing Tangled pull in $600 million worldwide just blew me away. The success of the film, all the people who loved it, absolutely vindicated all the work we did and I was just over the moon. It was so gratifying to see Tangled do so well. So it's a good thing I stayed at Disney!

Cinema Scene: How did you get the Icarus job?

D'Antonio: About a year after Tangled came out, Disney asked me to work on a film and told me I could write and direct it. Complete creative freedom, I could pick the subject and do the script and everything. Again, I jumped at the chance.

Cinema Scene: What was your inspiration for Icarus?

D'Antonio: While brainstorming ideas for the film, I was listening to Kansas' "Icarus - Borne On Wings of Steel", and the idea just popped into my head. That's why the song's in the trailer. Normally I wouldn't put a song that's not in the movie into the trailer, but using "Trouble" for Tangled made for a pretty good trailer so I went ahead and signed off on it.

Cinema Scene: The six minute trailer at Comic-Con with the entire song... a work of art. I think you guys got a one-minute standing ovation for it.

D'Antonio: We got a bigger standing ovation than Joss Whedon did! That's like North Carolina going into Cameron and beating Duke. The reception to Icarus has already blown me away.

Cinema Scene: Explain some of the actor choices for the film. Was that you or was that the casting director?

D'Antonio: Mostly the casting director, though I signed off on everything. Vincent Martella as Icarus is a no-brainer, he has this infectious spirit behind everything he says and does, and when you think about it, Icarus IS pretty much a grown-up Phineas Flynn. Well... sort of. Ariana Grande is amazing on Victorious, Disney wanted her for a Disney Channel show but Nickelodeon jumped on her first. I'm glad we got her for this movie, she has an incredible singing voice and is a very powerful actress. We almost cast Elizabeth Gillies as Ariadne but went with Mandy Moore because of how amazing she was in Tangled.

Cinema Scene: Was Gillies not cast because that would draw too many allusions to Victorious, which Disney wouldn't be too happy with?

D'Antonio: No, Mandy Moore's audition blew us all away and was better than Gillies'. Just a little bit better. Getting Robert Carlyle for Minos was fantastic too, I wanted to give him a villain song but we decided that wouldn't be appropriate for someone like King Minos.

Cinema Scene: The decision to make the film 2-D, was that all yours?

D'Antonio: Yeah, I don't think this film would've been possible in CGI. The art style is just too stylistic.

Cinema Scene: Did you try to make any allusions to Disney's last film based on Greek mythology, which was Hercules?

D'Antonio: I honestly wanted to get as far away from Hercules as possible. I loved Hercules and it was a great film, but this is more of a personal, inspirational story and it's considerably more serious of a film. We almost got a PG-13!

Cinema Scene: How close? Did you have to appeal?

D'Antonio: No, it was PG on the first vote but I was told it was very close and PG won out by one vote. There's a scene near the end of the film that a lot of the raters had a problem with, I won't spoil it because it's a huge spoiler but I was surprised we were able to put it in a PG film. You'll know it when you see it.

(November 19 edit, SPOILERS: We're guessing it was the scene where Ariadne is run through by Laceus and you see the sword sticking out of her body. There was even blood on the sword. A kid in the theater gasped when he saw it, I couldn't believe they got away with it at just a PG. Awesome scene though.)

Cinema Scene: Well, we're just about out of time, but is there anything else you'd like to say to people about Wings of Icarus?

D'Antonio: I just hope everyone who watches the film enjoys it and thinks of the old Disney magic they used to enjoy back in the day. The film was a labor of love for everyone who has worked on it and we all hope you love it!

Cinema Scene: Thanks for the interview!

Silver Shark Entertainment Line-Up for Y2

1. StarCraft - The highly anticipated adaption of the Video-Game series. Budgeted at over US$ 175 million dollar production already moved into post-production one week ago. Director Duncan Jones yet is very happy with the results as SSE. Stay tuned for Independence Day weekend of Y-2.

2. Atlantis: Dark Empire - A mix of Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Adventure is waiting for the moviegoers on Christmas-Day weekend. Starring Will Smith it will be "a journey to the deeps of the world" director Joe Wright said some days ago. The crew of the 3D flick is still shooting at the SSE studios.

3. S-L-A-V-E - Probably the riskiest project of the year for Silver Shark Entertainment. The film was described as a mix of Braveheart and Gladiator, set in a fantasy world but in the visionary style of "Daybreakers". A stylish adventure epic awaits us in March of Y-2.

Number 2 Productions Announcement

Number 2 Productions has announced the greenlight of sequels to the following films: Apocalypse, Bartimaeus and the Amulet of Samarkand, The 13th Night, Paranoia, Fab 5, and Illusiono. Let us hope all of them make it to the big screen!! There are also several pending sequels: Mars Trilogy, Sitting Ducks, and The Nieghbourhood

Number 2 Production Announces Roger the Alien Film

Number 2 Productions yesterday green lighted production on a new film series tentatively called Untitled Impact of Roger the Alien Film. The film is planned to hit theaters June 1st in 3D and IMAX 3D. The budget is rumored to be as high as 160M but the studio denies this saying that they are trying to keep the budget under 125M. Greg Mottola has been assigned to direct this film. The film has been classified as a science fiction adventure comedy and will have a running time around 2 hours. The casting has been finished except for the lucky actor who will voice the CGI Roger the Alien. The cast includes Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Emily Blunt, Sandra Bullock, and Helen Mirren. There are two candidates for voicing Roger the Alien: worldwide sensation Johnny Depp or American sensation Charlie Sheen. The studio says that the voice for Roger is important and both actors could build up massive hype for the film. A teaser poster is coming soon so stay tuned!! :-) :-)

Perseus Films Announces FINAL FANTASY : Dawn Of Souls

Newly formed production house Perseus Films has announced their first film which has been under production for a while now.

FINAL FANTASY : Dawn Of Souls

This film takes inspiration from the premiere video gaming series Final Fantasy. This movie in particular will take inspiration from Final Fantasy II.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Director Chris Columbus and Studio Head AJ sit down and have a chat with us about the film and a potential series:

CAYOM Magazine: So what made you want to take up the directors chair for this film Chris?

Columbus: The theme of conflict presented by the excellent script and general scale of the movie appealed to me. I have always had an interest in the Fantasy genre, with Harry Potter I was able to do something grounded in this world, the same with Percy Jackson. With Final Fantasy I'm going to have the chance to really bring a new world to life for the audience!

CAYOM Magazine: Has it been difficult creating a new world? Is most of the CGI similar to Avatar or have you used real world locations?

Columbus: Given the high fantasy feel of the title we felt there were many locations that could be used. Shooting has taken place in Northern Island, New Zealand & UAE. It was a great challenge to make sure these locations looked like they came out of a new world but with the excellent work from our creative and technical staff it's been a challenge I feel we have overcome. There are some cities that we had to use CGI for and of course special effects.

CAYOM Magazine: Is the movie a self contained story, is there room for a sequel?

Columbus: It is a self contained tale. Every loose end that the plot presents will be tied up. As for any chances of there being a sequel, I think AJ can give you a better answer.

AJ: Our main aim with FINAL FANTASY much like the games is to create a self contained universe for that given iteration. If we decide to make a storyline sequel to Final Fantasy : Dawn Of Souls then that sequel wouldn't have the words "Final Fantasy" in it; rather we would title it as just "Dawn Of Souls 2". If we decide to make another film with FINAL FANTASY in the title it would be in its own self contained universe.

CAYOM Magazine: That's a very interesting approach. So while these films may produce direct storyline sequels they wouldn't be branded as FINAL FANTASY? So essentially every new film with FINAL FANTASY in the title is a reboot?

AJ: Yes any storyline sequel to a given FINAL FANTASY film wouldn't be branded as Final Fantasy in its movie name. The aim the studio has with Final Fantasy is just that, every new film in the series will essentially be a reboot.

CAYOM Magazine: Thank you for your time

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a exciting teaser poster for FINAL FANTASY : Dawn Of Souls!

Posted Image

Edited by darthdevidem01

Charlie Sheen to be the voice for Roger in Untitled The Impact of Roger the Alien Film 3D!

Cameo include actually people or fictional people having appearance in the film.

Cameo Roles Include- Prime Minster- Johnny Depp, Stripper- Sarah Jessica Parker, Assistant Agent- Halle Berry, Druggy Girl- Laura Prepon, Guard- Neil Patrick Harris, Fat Lady on Rollercoaster- Adele, Banker- Ben Stiller, Pete and Jack’s Father- Robin William, Bellatrix Lestrange- Helena Bonham Carter, Peter and Lois Griffin, Tourist- Angelina Jolie, Tourist- Brad Pitt, and Queen’s Private Servant- Katy Perry.

Edited by Roger the Alien

Pizza Boy signs on MCM Animation Studios

Pizza Boy Studios is proud to announce it's new partnership with MCM Animation Studios, a computer animation studio based in Dobbs Ferry, NY. As of now, Pizza Boy and MCM have agreed to a contract to produce 3 films, which Pizza Boy will co-fund and distribute while giving MCM full creative control.

MCM's first feature will be The Musicians of Bremen, a film adaptation of the Brothers Grimm folktale. The film follows a donkey, a dog, a cat and a rooster as they head to Bremen in hopes of becoming famous town musicians. The film expands the original German folktale and American-izes it, turning Bremen into a city similar to Las Vegas.

The Musicians of Bremen is due for summer year 3.