Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

a miracle is needed to beat frozen

4th installment likely to go down for TS, japan is just that way

Nemo would have the best shot with it being just the 2nd act and long ago enough to have nostalgia kick in too.

Edited by M F Lawrence

Hmm. This is a pretty hard answer for this.

I mean.. In Japan, Finding Nemo made $102M, Toy Story 3 made $126M and Frozen made almost close to $250M.

I don't know exactly which one of these animated sequels will have the upper hand. Maybe Finding Dory or Toy Story 4, cause they're Pixar and japanese audience love Pixar movies.

But.....I don't know exactly how much they will make in Japan.....japanese numbers are pretty unpredictable to me.

TS4, Finding Dory, and Frozen 2 will all be big, but how big, I don't know. I agree, Frozen 2 will definitely be down from the first one, TS4 will likely be down too, and Dory have a chance to be bigger than Nemo, especially if it's as good as Nemo, or at least close to it in quality. Monster's University, which was just average quality-wise, could almost match Monster's Inc's number.

I think Inside Out has a shot at $100M+ in Japan.

Judging by the emotional parts that can be seen in the trailers, I agree. $100m or not, Disney (through Pixar) will continue its streak this year.

Edited by catlover

Cinderella and Initiation Love dominate in midweek. Cindy is down 20% vs past mon-fri, it should be at 4,75Byen (about 40M$) and in next few days will pass the 5B milestone (according to Corpse, this is the blockbuster level here).

Seats count for 5-chains on saturday:

248,900 Shinjuku Swan - NEW
141,995 Cinderella - Week 6 (-9%)
141,209 Initiation Love - Week 2
100,469 Biri Gal Week 5 (+4%!)
98,839 The Maze Runner - Week 2
82,426 Chappie - Week 2 (-50%)
77,966 Till Death Do Us What!? NEW
22,325 Pitch Perfect NEW (the first movie!)

• Like 3

TS4, Finding Dory, and Frozen 2 will all be big, but how big, I don't know. I agree, Frozen 2 will definitely be down from the first one

It doesn't matter if the sequel decreases, as long as we get the Frozen trilogy.... umm... Frozen sequel made. :ph34r:

How is the movie comparing to Maleficent in the same point of its run?

Still on pair. However Mal had a very strong 7th week (in mid August) over 600my and even if Cindy is doing well in this midweek, I don't think it will be able to reach this level.

Saturday: Good OD for Tomorrowland at #1 (est 150my). Cindy isn't magic for the first time (-45%) and it seems that it isn't able to follow the Maleficent footprints at the end. MJ1 is #7 (30my est). Likely Disney will return in the heaven after only one week.

Wow Disney REALLY dominates Japan. I thought Disney's winning streak would stop for a while with Tomorrowland, considering how it's disappointing everywhere else. But it's actually doing good. Can't wait for Inside Out. With amazing early reviews, and how Japanese love stories about family, it will be HUGE there.