Related image

BAD BOYS FOR LIFE (BAD BOYS III)

Director: Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah
Producer: Jerry Bruckheimer, Will Smith & Doug Belgrad

Studio: Sony Pictures Entertainment/Jerry Bruckheimer Films
Staring: Will Smith & Martin Lawrence

Writers: Chris Bremner, Peter Craig & Joe Carnahan

Release Date: MLK WEEKEND 1/17/2020

*In June 2008, Michael Bay stated that he may direct Bad Boys III, but that the greatest obstacle to the potential sequel would be the cost, as he and Will Smith demand some of the highest salaries in the film industry.

*In August 2009, The Film Stage reported that Columbia Pictures has hired Peter Craig to write the script for Bad Boys III.

*In a February 2011 appearance on BET's The Mo'Nique Show, Martin Lawrence confirmed that Bad Boys III was in the works.

*In May 2012 On an Appearance on 106 and Park to promote "Men in Black III".  Will Smith stated "Bad Boys III" was in development. 

*In June 2014, during the Monte Carlo Television Festival, Bruckheimer announced that Safe House screenwriter David Guggenheim is currently working on the storyline for the sequel.

*In July 2014, during an interview they asked if Bad Boys 3 is still happening, in which Bruckheimer replied, "Well, we’re working on an outline right now. Hopefully we’ll get a screenplay in the next three months. And that will become a movie I hope."

*On August 13th, 2014, Martin Lawrence announced a third Bad Boys film on Conan.

*On June 9th 2015, reports surface that Sony is courting director/writer Joe Carnahan to rewrite and possible Direct the film.  Sony is fast tracking the sequel to start filming after Will Smith finishes "Suicide Squad".

*On August 2015, Sony Annouces release dates for Bad Boys III for 2/17/17.   They also annouced a 4th film for 7/3/19. 

*On October 8th 2015 Will Smith did an interview on Apple Beats One confirming "Bad Boys III" will be completed in 12-16 Months.  Putting it in the timeframe of Sony's 2/17/17 release date. 

*On March 3rd 2016 Sony annouced that "Bad Boys III" release date was pushed back to 6/2/17.   "Bad Boys IV" is still slotted for 4th of July Summer 2019 release.  

*On August 11th 2016 Sony pushed back "Bad Boys III" a 2nd time and has given it a new title "Bad Boys For Life".   The New Release Date is MLK Weekend 2018  1/12/18.   Both Will Smith and Martin are already signed on to reprise their roles.  

*On February 6th 2017 Sony announced another push back for "Bad Boys For Life".  It will now be released 11/9/2018.   "Bad Boys IV" release date has been put on hold until further notice. 

*On March 9th 2017, Joe Carnahan announces he will be leaving the project as Director due to scheduling issues with other projects he has on the table.  Sony is currently in the process of looking for his replacement.  

*On January 30th, 2018, Sony is in talks to bring on Moroccan Directing Duo Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah on as Directors.  A new Script is also in the works as well.  Sony hopes production can go late Summer in August or Early September 2018 for a Summer 2019 Release.  

*On November 1st 2018, Will Smith posted a video on Social Media officially Confirming the film.  The Video featured both Will Smith reuniting with Martin Lawrence to officially confirm the Film.   Filming is Schedule to take place in "Miami" and "Atlanta" in Early 2019.  Both "Bad Boys" and "Bad Boys II" take place in Miami.   The post garnered attention and millions of views on Facebook and Instagram.  "Bad Boy 3" also became a Top 10 Tending Topic Worldwide on Twitter and reached news outlets in various Countries.   

*On September 4th 2019, Will Smith Debut the first teaser Trailer on his Youtube page.  It shot to the top of Youtube Trending Charts.  #Badboysforlife hashtag was also a Worldwide Top 10 Trending Topic on Twitter showing interest in the long awaited sequel.  

BadBoys-PosterArt_CR.jpg

Image result for bad boys 2

Related image

Image result for bad boys for life gif

Edited by filmscholar

Ok this is what we know about scheduling. Summer 2015 is 3 years from now:Michael Bay: He's dong "Pain and Gain" now which drops in 2013 and "Transformers 4" next which drops in 2014 after that his schedule is clear.Will Smith: He's working on "After Earth" now for a 2013 release, And Producing a Karate Kid sequel for his son and Annie Remake for his daughter, after that his schedule is clear.Martin Lawrence: Is working on a TV show and a "Coming to America" spin off called "Back To Africa" after that his schedule is free.Based on what everyone has on the table, 2015 sounds pretty good if they start shooting Summer of 2014.

Ok this is what we know about scheduling. Summer 2015 is 3 years from now:Michael Bay: He's dong "Pain and Gain" now which drops in 2013 and "Transformers 4" next which drops in 2014 after that his schedule is clear.Will Smith: He's working on "After Earth" now for a 2013 release, And Producing a Karate Kid sequel for his son and Annie Remake for his daughter, after that his schedule is clear.Martin Lawrence: Is working on a TV show and a "Coming to America" spin off called "Back To Africa" after that his schedule is free.Based on what everyone has on the table, 2015 sounds pretty good if they start shooting Summer of 2014.

Don't forget WInter's Tale and Hancock 2. Hancock 2 is for early 2013 (maybe) and Winter's Tale is a go for this year. Was thinking July 1, 2015.

I didn't think the second one was all that profitable to justify a third, but whatever. I enjoy these movies.

Bad Boys are the ultimate Popcorn Buddy Cop Blockbusters. The fans really like the movies and the critics hate them. As far as Box Office they both did pretty well if you ask me:

Bad Boys: 19 Million Budget

Domestic: $65,807,024 46.5% + Foreign: $75,600,000 53.5% = Worldwide: $141,407,024

Bad Boys II: 130 Million Budget

Domestic: $138,608,444 50.7% + Foreign: $134,731,112 49.3% = Worldwide: $273,339,556

So that 414 Million WW off a 150 Million Budget for both. That's not counting what both have made on Home Video and Television since both movies play on TV regularly. I'm sure the Budget for Part 3 will be over 200 Million since Will and Bay both are huge now. Believe it or not Martin Lawrence was the Headlining Star of the original "Bad Boys" and got more money than Will. As for development, Sony started it in 2009 and Hired Peter Craig (The Town) to do the screenplay, that was 3 years ago but according to Will they have gotten more than one screenplay so I'm sure there have been some rewrites.

Brittle Boys 3, Will will be late 40's and Martin will be past 50...maybe theyll mentor younger guys or something, ehh we'll see

If there was a Lethal Weapon 4, Die Hard 4, Indy 4, Rambo 4, Rocky 6 when everyone in those guys was pretty old. Bad Boys 3 when Will and Martin are mid-40's would be spring chickens in comparison. But Martin does need to lose some weight cause he was pretty big in Part 2 and that was 9 years ago. I'm sure a "New Bad Boy" will be introduced to the team to get the younger audience. I think it should be Derrick Luke or Tyrese. Edited by filmscholar

Don't forget WInter's Tale and Hancock 2. Hancock 2 is for early 2013 (maybe) and Winter's Tale is a go for this year. Was thinking July 1, 2015.

Your right about "Winter's Tale" forgot that one but that's a smaller scale and could be done quicker. I think Bad Boys III will get done over Hancock 2 1st cause Will knows he's getting older and that will complete the Trilogy. After "Battleship" I know Peter Berg wants HC2 ASAP, lol.

Your right about "Winter's Tale" forgot that one but that's a smaller scale and could be done quicker. I think Bad Boys III will get done over Hancock 2 1st cause Will knows he's getting older and that will complete the Trilogy. After "Battleship" I know Peter Berg wants HC2 ASAP, lol.

If BB3 is for 2015, then Smith could do HC2 for 2014.

If BB3 is for 2015, then Smith could do HC2 for 2014.

Winter's Tale and After Earth - 2013

Hancock 2 - 2014

Bad Boys III - 2015

Wow, Smith is really going to be going to work after that 4 year break. We might see another 8 100 Million Dollar streak again. As a huge fan of the original and with effects today, I would really like a "ID4-2" but I think they might have waiting to long. Here's another interview where Smith says BB3 and HC2 are on the way but ID4-2 and I am legend 2 are not:

http://collider.com/...terview/165980/

Any update on Independence Day 2,Bad Boys 3,I Am Legend 2 and Hancock 2

He says no, yes, no and yes. Meaning the two that might be going are Bad Boys 3 and Hancock 2

Edited by filmscholar