lilmac

Whats the most times youve seen a movie in theaters?

King for me is AVATAR with 12. Then:TRON: Legacy x7The Dark Knight x6Toy Story 3, How To Train Your Dragon and DHII all got 5DHI, HBP, Star Trek, The Hunger Games, Watchmen, Iron Man 2, Alice in Wonderland, Twilight, New Moon and Kick-Ass all got 4 from me.Then loads I've seen 2/3 times.

Nothing more than twice.Twice: Avengers, Hunger Games, Deathly Hallows 2, Deathly Hallows 1, Revenge of the Fallen, At World's End, How to Train Your Dragon, Toy Story 3, Inception, Super 8, X-Men First Class, Angels & Demons (unintentional)

Got to agree there. It's the whole reason classic films get re-releases nowadays. I've watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail at least 50 times on video, but I was still there when it got its theatrical run again in 2001.I'm still dying to see Casablanca on the big screen... but geography is working against me.

Yea, I can relate. The cost of movies prevents me from seeing 3D and IMAX releases as many times as the conventional format. I did see Avatar in 3D all six times and TDK in IMAX 2x, I believe. Fastforward to 2012 and I have more bills and financial responsibilities so I don't see me seeing a 3D movie 6x, no matter how good it is.

Edited by lilmac

When I was a kid, I went to the theaters alot, and I don't exactly know precisely how much I saw Aladdin or The Lion King or even Home Alone. But from the movies I actually paid for the tickets:5 times - The Phantom Menace, Revenge of the Sith4 times - Attack of the Clones3 times - Titanic, Cheaper by the Dozen, The Passion of the Christ, The Dark Knight, The AvengersThere are too many movies I've seen twice to put down (probably over 50).

The Mighty Ducks and The Mask (born in the 80s). I saw each at least 10x in the theaters.More recently, Dark Knight (2), Avatar (5), T:DOM (2), Hugo (2), Tron: Legacy (2), Thor (2), TA (2)I just learned that you cannot judge one's taste by how many times they have seen certain movies in the theaters. If a movie is excellent, I will usually just wait and buy it unless I really need to see it on the big screen again.T:DOM is a pretty bad movie, but I saw it on IMAX originally and there was way too much strobing. I decided to see it again in RealD so I could fully appreciate the film on a visual level (the movie did look quite good).

Edited by Clavius

Fanboys? Obsessed? No, I'd say we are all just fans who love movies. But certain movies seem to bring us back over and over again to the Big Screen. Multiple viewings are key to box office success. The more people watch a film, the better it does at the box office. This thread is to show what movies you just had to see more than one time on the Big Screen. I'll get it started:The Lion King - 4 Times (I loved it, I watched it fri, twice on sat and sun, it was that good. The only reason I didn't see it in 3D cause I watched it to many times before)Independence Day - 4 Times (Classic Theater experience, it was so Epic seeing this 4th of July weekend, it will break my personal record when I see it a 5th time in 3D next summer.)The Matrix Reloaded - 4 Times (The hype was unreal for this, saw it 9pm Wednesday night which they counted towards Thursday opening I think. I had to go back and watch it again)The Matrix Revolutions - 3 Times (Hey I'm a Matrix fan but the last 2 times was with friends who didn't see it)Jurassic Park - 3 Times (Words can't even describe the feeling I had after watching this movie. It will join my 4 viewing club when I see it in 3D)Star Wars Episode I - 3 Times (Epic theater experience, Star Wars Back on the Big Screen, the 3rd time was the 3D re-release this past Feb.)Star Wars Episode III - 3 Times (End of an era and my childhood, I loved it)Bad Boys II - 3 Times (Huge fan of the original and I really enjoyed the sequel)Transformers - 3 Times (My childhood dream come true, Transformers on the Big Screen, loved it)Avatar - 3 Times (The last time was the special edition version but I enjoyed it every much)Prometheus - 3 Times (The 1st time I was there, The 2nd time was for more analysis of the story. The 3rd time I was visiting family and my little brother heard about all the theories and wanted to see it so I went with him but I enjoyed all 3 showings.)So what movies have you seen more than 1 time on the Big Screen?

The only movie I've seen twice in theaters was Transformers 3 I think. First time with friends second time with my uncle. I usually don't rewatch movies at all so I don't really see a point in watching a movie more than once in theaters.