Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

I really hope you get to it.  It's by far the best book I've ever read.  The Stand is considered his best but imo, as great as that book is, it pales in comparison.

Could not agree more. When i read it was like being in the story yourself. Never have a book made me "feel" every emotion there is in life. I could not lay it down... I have read 20+ SK books and this is the best one for me..

I seriously doubt that a movie can do this book justice. They tried it before with little luck..

It should be three part movie with over 2 hours of runtime to have the chance to catch the hart and soul of the book

• Like 5

Could not agree more. When i read it was like being in the story yourself. Never have a book made me "feel" every emotion there is in life. I could not lay it down... I have read 20+ SK books and this is the best one for me..

I seriously doubt that a movie can do this book justice. They tried it before with little luck..

It should be three part movie with over 2 hours of runtime to have the chance to catch the hart and soul of the book

How about 2 movies at 2.5 - 2.75 hours?

Should have read this before posting :)

Sounds awesome!!!!!

2 movies are better than 1 tv movie

True, but before we start comparing to the previous IT movie, I do have to point out that it wasn't a TV movie, it was a TV Miniseries.  The run-time was like 6 hours.

• Like 1

True, but before we start comparing to the previous IT movie, I do have to point out that it wasn't a TV movie, it was a TV Miniseries.  The run-time was like 6 hours.

Yeah okey. My mistake.

My only hope is: enough runetime, good screenplay, great actors and enough money for some decent CGI

• Like 2

The IT miniseries aired over 2 nights, and is 187 minutes long without commercials. So about 3 hours without commercials. I'm a big fan of the book, and have the miniseries on dvd.

I LOVED all the flashback scenes with the kids, but I thought part 2 which mainly focused on the adults wasn't as good. However, Tim Curry was AMAZING as Pennywise the Clown throughout the whole thing! :bop:

Edited by Mojoguy

And it does make sense since you can separate the childhood stuff into one film and the adult stuff into the other, in theory.

That's a bad idea. They need to keep the flashback aspect from the novel and miniseries. The adults need a big part in the first movie if they want it to be successful. The adult actors have to sell the movie, if they want the second movie to get made. ;)

• Like 1