Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

3 hours ago, 75live said:

now that I finished the book, I am even way more excited for this movie.  If they even get it half right, these movies should be pretty awesome

People like me and you have been begging for a faithful adaption.  I think this is going to be it.

• Like 1

Just now, baumer said:

People like me and you have been begging for a faithful adaption.  I think this is going to be it.

I hope so.  I don't want to say too much since it could get close to spoiler territory so I put it in that thread, but the one overlaying idea of the book better be front and center, and not just the horror themes.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I feel like there should be a little more marketing at this point. Are WB just concentrating on Annabelle? I believe they should have switched this and Annabelle release date.

I imagine Annabelle and Dunkirk are WB's focus, I suspect they'll debut another trailer at Comic Con then ramp up the marketing in August 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine Annabelle and Dunkirk are WB's focus, I suspect they'll debut another trailer at Comic Con then ramp up the marketing in August 

That sounds about right.  But yeah its about 2 months away now so they have to start ramping up the marketing at least by then.

Yes I did my own marketing for me by reading the book but yeah I want more of this movie to keep my hopes up that they get it right :) 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 2

For me, once Spidey, Dunkirk and Hitman's Bodyguard are out of the way, my sole focus will be on this movie.  It's going to be epic.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

For me, once Spidey, Dunkirk and Hitman's Bodyguard are out of the way, my sole focus will be on this movie.  It's going to be epic.

September looks really good this year with It and Kingsman (and maybe Lego Ninjago @YourMother). How cool would it be if IT opens to 75M+? I actually think it has a good shot at that if WB markets it really well.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, baumer said:

For me it's Dunkirk and probably Apes.  I will see Spidey, probably tonight, but not really excited for it.  So yeah soon enough IT will be my main focus too so they better have some good trailers left :P  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichWS said:

I'm smelling a low-50's opening. It might crash after, but huge opening nonetheless. If this movie is remotely good, and considering how barren August is, there's no reason it can't clean up in that slot..

It's in September.

• Like 1