Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

Minority Report is steven spielbergs best filmE.T is overratedGhostbusters is overratedButch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is overratedHow To train your Dragon is better than most pixar filmsKevin Costner is still a great actorAnd Dances with Wolves was entirely completely and totally deserving of its BP win

-Batman Begins is Nolan's best film-The Dark Knight is depressing and not very entertaining-There's Something About Mary and American Beauty are unwatchable-Glory is one of the best war movies ever made-Antz is underrated

Edited by Punishment

Okay, I can't be the only one who noticed that apparently, according to the posts in this thread, it's an unpopular opinion that The Hurt Locker was a great movie and that it was a bad movie. Ditto for Carey Mulligan being a good actress and a terrible one. (For the record, I think The Hurt Locker is an excellent movie and Carey Mulligan is among the most promising young actresses.)I'll go ahead and knock some out:- Speed Racer is thoroughly entertaining.- Unbreakable, not The Sixth Sense, is my favorite M. Night Shyamalan film. I also think he jumped the shark with Signs, not The Village or Lady in the Water.- New Moon is the most palatable of the Twilight movies.

The Godfather films are highly overratedDaniel Day Lewis is overratedSlumdog Millionaire is a highly overrated and a mediocre filmThe Social Network was a very disappointing filmTom Hanks is highly overratedForest Gump was a mediocre filmFight Club is overrated

Improved it

Uh no. Inglorious Basterds was bad. The film seemed like it had a problem agreeing with itself throughout... like constantly switching back and forth between taking itself seriously and not. And talk about snoozefest dialogue.. fuck.