The Amazing Spider-Man

113 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Amazing Spider-Man

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

That the entire thing comes from the cashier not taking a loss of $.02 is so stupid I can't fathom how it made it in. That is about the dumbest contrivance I can think of.ESPECIALLY with the "give a penny, take a penny" thing.

That was way better in the Raimi film. In that one Peter didn't stop the thief because the guy who got robbed refused to give him a couple hundred dollars, in this he didn't stop the thief because he didn't get his milk. :lol:

.I know Parker is smart, but seriously, Connors has been working on this his whole life and he can't figure out one equation. Parker shows up for 5 minutes and like Will Hunting writes it down for him and he turns into a lizard. I kept waiting for Willie, the good alien lizard from V to show up.

He got the formula from his father's note book. It was what who ever broke into the room at the beginning was looking for.
  • Like 1

That the entire thing comes from the cashier not taking a loss of $.02 is so stupid I can't fathom how it made it in. That is about the dumbest contrivance I can think of.ESPECIALLY with the "give a penny, take a penny" thing.

The point was that his Uncle died over something extremely petty that wasn't worth Peter getting upset over; and certainly wasn't worth his Uncle getting killed for. It worked for me.
  • Like 1

He got the formula from his father's note book. It was what who ever broke into the room at the beginning was looking for.

Now that you bring that up, if that is what they were looking for, why leave it behind? Was it because he knew Peter would find it one day and then solve the mystery and help turn Connors into a giant lizard and almost kill everyone in the city, just to be saved and reformed and end up in prison?

Huh? Apparently there was a post-credits scene for this. Missed it. Can anyone please tell me what it was?

It shows Dr. Connor being put into a cell. After he sits down on the bed a person standing in the shadows steps out and asks him if he told Parker about his father. Connor says no and that he should leave the boy alone. Then the person says something about letting him be, for now. Then it ends.Personally, I think it was Norman Osborne.

The comments on BADASS seem to think it is either Electro(flash of lightning as he leaves), his dad, or Osborne. I think it is really silly to have a vague as hell antagonist introduced there. Not knowing who it is doesn't make it more interesting at all.

Huh? Apparently there was a post-credits scene for this. Missed it. Can anyone please tell me what it was?

It's assumed to be Norman Osborne but it is so poorly shot that it could be anyone.

One of my favorite terribad scenes was when Uncle Ben got shot and Peter screamed CALL AN AMBULANCE!...I just wanted to scream "why dont you use the cell phone in your pocket that Uncle Ben pointed out literally 3 minutes ago, dummy!"

• Like 6

Now that you bring that up, if that is what they were looking for, why leave it behind? Was it because he knew Peter would find it one day and then solve the mystery and help turn Connors into a giant lizard and almost kill everyone in the city, just to be saved and reformed and end up in prison?

They didn't find it. It was hidden in a secret compartment in the drawer. He takes out the drawer and presses some button and the bottom of the drawer slides open and the folder is underneath.

They didn't find it. It was hidden in a secret compartment in the drawer. He takes out the drawer and presses some button and the bottom of the drawer slides open and the folder is underneath.

I meant why would his dad leave it behind in the briefcase. Sorry, should have been more specific.

I liked TASM. It wasn't perfect and is no TA or TDK but it isn't the worst SM film.The crowd loved it...and clapped several times during the movie, including at the end. I might see it again tonight.I hope it does well enough to justify a trilogy. Pros:- More emotional weight than the first 3 combined. Herein lies Marc Webb's strength, making the audience feel for the characters. Case in point - Peter comes home after the final battle (after the death of the Captain, after nearly dying himself and finally realizing what the famous line in the original SM meant) and cried on his Aunt's shoulder - I almost lost it. This is the first Marvel picture that had me nearly tearing up a couple of times. Andrew Garfield nailed it. - Related to the first...I really liked the chemistry between Gwen and Peter. It works. I want to see one more movie with Gwen before Mary Jane comes onto the scene- Stan Lee cameo - the best of any marvel movie- the movie succeeded in conveying "with great power, comes great responsibility" even while dodging around actually saying the lines. I don't think Peter has the maturity to fully realize the committment he's made but he's getting there...you can see him evolving throughout the film. Cons- Spider-Man was too overmatched in the battle scenes with the Lizard. Relied too much on his webs...kinda wish he was stronger vis a vis Lizard.- I would have liked Peter to have been more saddened and distraught by the consequences of his actions (Uncle Ben's death, Captain Stacy's death, creation of the Lizard). Many people died or had their lives forever altered DIRECTLY because of his actions or self-centeredness. He let it all go at the end on his Aunt's shoulder but I wanted to see more of that. I know that's grim and Batmanish but that's ok IMO.Hilarious (not in a good way)- the acting of the extras in the subway scene where Peter first discovers his power. You mean you don't take notice of the fact that a man just jumped onto the ceiling!? The acting in that scene was horrendous. It happened early enough on that I began to get a sinking feeling. Fortunately the film recovered.- the end credits. waste of time, doesn't reveal enough to even tease. maybe it's something i should know but because I don't read comics I don't. A-

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 1

I meant why would his dad leave it behind in the briefcase. Sorry, should have been more specific.

Oh ok. I just figured he left it because his dad thought he'd be able to come back and get it a some point. Maybe? I don't know, LOL.

My two big complaints are Peter's general douchiness in the first half and how Dr. Connors transforms from a fascinating tragic figure to a one-dimensional villain. But otherwise it's a solid, fun superhero movie with loads of humor and fine acting performances. And I really have no clue where the Twilight comparisons are coming from.

B+

• Like 1

I know in the back of my mind I had the original Spidey playing and that tainted it, but I tried to give it a fair shake.

But that is one of the major issues for this film. That 2002 is not very long ago.Save for maybe the odd person under 12 or 13 years old, who is going to see this film in the cinema and not think about or make comparisons with the Original?
  • Like 2

Amazing Spider-Man2:30PMAbout 60% full, mostly young kids. (More kids in this then there were in Brave and Mad 3 :lol:)Trailers:TDKR: Talking.Bourne Legacy (new trailer): Some talking.Skyfall: Bunch of talking that it looked good.I go "So far great trailers!" I ruined it with the next one....Breaking Dawn 2: BLAH! Some kid behind me "BOOOOOOOOOO" :lol:Total Recall (new trailer): This was a long trailer.Paranorman: Wow actually a new trailer! And its shorter then the teaser.Wreck it Ralph: Laughs.Movie: Pretty good. The music I did enjoy even if it did sound like A Beautiful Mind (I was wondering if it was James Horner-I was right!). Garfield is a better actor then Maguire (That isn't that hard). Kept on making jokes on how old the "highschoolers" looked. :P Loved Stan Lee's cameo. Visuals were great. It is on par with SM2. Much better then SM3 and SM1. The 3d was meh. (mad 3 had the best 3D I've seen this year) The mid credits sequence was good.A-

This movie is a mess. I'm surprised so many people like it. While it is more true to the comics, I feel that this is pretty much in the same league as Spider-Man 3. Okay, we don't have emo Spider-Man, but ugh, I was disappointed with this film.

• Like 1

Movie: Pretty good. The music I did enjoy even if it did sound like A Beautiful Mind (I was wondering if it was James Horner-I was right!).

He used almost that exact same motif in Jumanji. I now understand why people complain about him rehashing his old scores.