Jack Nevada

Hayao Miyazaki's Films From Best to Worst

All his films are great and have a lot of heart. Difficult to compare them as they are so diverse. Lupin III was the 1st one I saw and it was really entertaining and top notch. My Neighbour Totoro,Porco Rosso, Princess Moononoke, Spirited Away and Howls moving castle also deserve special mention.

Lupin The Third: The Castle of CagliostroSpirited AwayPrincess MonokeHowl's Moving CastleNausicaa of the Valley of the WindPonyoPorco RossoKiki's Delivery ServiceCastle in the SkyMy Neigbor Totoro** no doubt there is not one film on here that isin't worth watching theese are all the films Directed by Hayao Miyazaki in order from top to bottom which I liked best to which I liked least. the reason I picked My Neigbor Totoro was because I wasn't able to really connect with the film, It is a children's film and I think they are going to enjoy it alot more then I did, but the rest are great his latest work Ponyo truly hits the heart and is one you don't want to miss. anyways check em out, and hayao Miyazaki is one the greatest maybe The greatest consistent animation film makers. ranking up with the great walt disney and don bluth...

okay

No, I just meant that the designs and characters of Howl's Moving Castle and Sprited Away arent very similar to me

okay :rolleyes:the universe of all his movies looks the same to me (and too wierd), isn't a unique thing like every pixar movie.The villain looks extremely the same in both, the main caracther's personality is the same, the wierd things are copies of each other....

okayokay :rolleyes:the universe of all his movies looks the same to me (and too wierd), isn't a unique thing like every pixar movie.The villain looks extremely the same in both, the main caracther's personality is the same, the wierd things are copies of each other....

I kinda agree with you. Not the universe per say, but the characters, especially the female characters. Not that I dont like them, but they are similar to each other. It's funny that as a Chinese, I'm supposed to find those characters emotionally more connective than those from western films like Pixar movies, but it's actually the other way around.BTW, my fav Miyazaki film is Princess Mononoke. IMO it's like HIGH above his other works. It got a such grand-scale and epic story, and the score is the best in a Miyazaki film.

So I'm currently rewatching the Ghibli films as I just bought the set. I'll give my scores as I watch them.Recently saw the following 3 again:Spirited Away: 8/10 Great film, but I find it a bit overrated sort of in the same way I find Ratatouille slightly overrated in the Pixarverse. Either way, incredible film through the use of a very creative and out there story while giving us beautiful images throughout.Kiki's Deliver Service: 8/10 Awesome film as well, and I much more liked Kiki's character than the protagonist in Spirited. She was what drove the film for me and the simple story worked here very well.Ponyo: 7.5/10 Another solid outing for Ghibli here. Not quite as strong and may be one of the lower ones on the list, but a great, imaginative story.

Edited by Letsuseournoggin
  • Like 1