Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

3 hours ago, Captain H said:

Right? I have no problem with Cara, but Dane.....

Is Liam Hemsworth busy or what? It's not like we need some top level Oscar-worthy performance for this anyway.

That aside, if there's one film that I'll defend with my life, it will be this.

Are you taking the piss? Cara is the problem here, she's the one with no acting talent, Dane is actually good.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Harley said:

Zendaya can't act. Gal can't act and now Cara can't act. Thank a God we have men folk to carry these films.

... I don't even know what to answer, that just sounded horrible.

:depp:

Edited by Arlborn

14 minutes ago, Harley said:

Zendaya can't act. Gal can't act and now Cara can't act. Thank a God we have men folk to carry these films.

In fairness I can imagine a lot of talented actresses wincing everytime they see model-turned-actress Cara Delevigne given yet another high-profile gig. She hasn't been better than 'mildly serviceable' in anything. But looks and notoriety winning out is nothing new in movies, I suppose.

• Like 3

Dane Dehan might be able to act but he's a terrible juice for a lead in this type of film. They need someone charismatic with movie star looks. 

Also it's not like he was good in TASM2 his only other big budget film. 

Cara isn't great too though. And I honestly don't think she's that attractive lol. I don't know how she keeps getting lead roles in high profile films. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Dane Dehan might be able to act but he's a terrible juice for a lead in this type of film. They need someone charismatic with movie star looks. 

Also it's not like he was good in TASM2 his only other big budget film. 

Cara isn't great too though. And I honestly don't think she's that attractive lol. I don't know how she keeps getting lead roles in high profile films. 

The possible reasons have been discussed here before but basically people came to the conclusion that it's  probably down to big social media following plus industry contacts. I do wonder how much Besson cared for any of that when casting her though.

• Like 1

This movie looks gorgeous. I like the two leads. Dane> hemsworth.   and cara looks to do a good job here. there's something cheeky about her acting. honestly i prefer her to gal gadot.

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

The possible reasons have been discussed here before but basically people came to the conclusion that it's  probably down to big social media following plus industry contacts. I do wonder how much Besson cared for any of that when casting her though.

Yeah I guess it's her big social media following. apparently she's from a super rich family too. Anyway if this bombs I can see her career to start declining.

She's going to be in Fault in a star rip off next year with Jaden Smith lmao. 

Edited by ban1o

Cara was great in Paper Towns. And she was not even that bad in Suicide Squad, it was not her fault that her character was poorly written. She's just starting and she's doing a nice job. It's stupid the hate female actresses get on this board, while terrible male actors like Chris Pratt and Chris Evans can run away with their inability to act and even have fans.

24 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Cara was great in Paper Towns. And she was not even that bad in Suicide Squad, it was not her fault that her character was poorly written. She's just starting and she's doing a nice job. It's stupid the hate female actresses get on this board, while terrible male actors like Chris Pratt and Chris Evans can run away with their inability to act and even have fans.

I agree that Cara gets unnecessary hate but I disagree that either of these Chrises are "terrible actors". You're aware that between "great" and "terrible" there is a wide range of adjectives, right?

But yeah, Cara is just starting, I think this will be her big blockbuster test more so than Suicide Squad.

Edited by Arlborn

12 hours ago, Hatebox said:

In fairness I can imagine a lot of talented actresses wincing everytime they see model-turned-actress Cara Delevigne given yet another high-profile gig. She hasn't been better than 'mildly serviceable' in anything. But looks and notoriety winning out is nothing new in movies, I suppose.

Born in wealthy privilege, has never and will never have to work hard to get anything in her life, thinks she's the shiznit and getting plenty of offers on a silver plate just because of Instafame ("She's just a beginner" excuse is too easy, you take acting classes off-screen then you apply to casting calls if you're not up to task yet, you don't use a high-profile gig as a summer camp acting class to learn the craft and performance on the spot. She's rich enough to pay for personal drama acting coach) and acts in IRL like she's too cool for school, acting is just a hobby for bored rich kids who think modeling and acting is similar riding the coattails of artificial hype manufactured by vanity trades. But yeah, those critics are just irrational haters on a cabal out to get her boohoo.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

Cara gives a lot of interviews about how her life was full of hardships and struggles...

Should I present her to  the people who  assemble her I-Phone ?

Edited by The Futurist

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Cara was in paper towns for all of 15 minutes. She was okay I guess but not great. 

I Just don't think she's a good actor. I'm willing to give her a chance though for this film. I think a film with such a big budget should have gotten better leads though. 

3 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I do wonder how much Besson cared for any of that when casting her though.

Long life dream movie, had casting decision and not imposed by a studio, he must have cast people he ultimately like in the role and did work in test scene really well.

I would wait to watch the result before judging that decision. I tend to like is choice that some others dislike (Tucker in 5th element for example and I imagine Oldman way to play a villain in Léon was seen has a bit strange to many at the time), he earned the benefit of the doubt imo.

• Like 2