Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

8 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Knock it off, @alisson23. You're being a jerk.

Don't be a hypocrite defending him. I'm starting to doubt of your impartiality. If you see the last times that @That One Guy

quoted me, you'll realize he's stalking me. I gave him a decent answer. Does he think he can do anything he wants just because he has a gold account? Probably, but not with me.

Edited by alisson23

I would not be shocked if this movie gets a good critical response. My only hesitance for this film is how it'll do box office wise. For me personally at least, I was sold on this film from the last trailer. I thought it looked really good and the visuals were spectacular. 

I just hope other folks (the GA) feel the same way and folks actually go and watch this.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, alisson23 said:

Don't be a hypocrite defending him. I'm starting to doubt of your impartiality. If you see the last times that @That One Guy

quoted me, you'll realize he's stalking me. I gave him a decent answer. Does he think he can do anything he wants just because he has a gold account? Probably, but not with me.

We deal with Gold accounts the same way we deal with everyone else. I've seen nothing wrong from his behavior. If there are posts you feel aren't appropriate, report them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alisson23 said:

I didn't even realize I was stalking you, I just respond to posts I...want to respond to.

Edited by That One Guy

Well atleast it has beaten my initial expectations of 30-40% on RT. Still big critics and hardcore star wars fans are not going to openly gush or give this its due because it would be sacrilegious to call this as good or better than star wars in terms of visuals, action and spectacle. Hell I bet even those knocking it for story telling are doing it just because they have to say something negative..god forbid it becomes the best space opera of 2017. 

Now I am hoping for atleast Pacific Rim numbers domestically. Rest of the world please do something out of the world spectacular!

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

Well atleast it has beaten my initial expectations of 30-40% on RT. Still big critics and hardcore star wars fans are not going to openly gush or give this its due because it would be sacrilegious to call this as good or better than star wars in terms of visuals, action and spectacle. Hell I bet even those knocking it for story telling are doing it just because they have to say something negative..god forbid it becomes the best space opera of 2017. 

Now I am hoping for atleast Pacific Rim numbers domestically. Rest of the world please do something out of the world spectacular!

This is not exactly hard to do, yet not many are doing it, kind of sad...

• Like 1

I don't buy Twitter reactions too much, but if the praise actually is to be echoed, then that's a good sign of THE TOMATO LAW being in Valerian's favor, and if it is in Valerian's favor, then maybe..... mayyyyyyyybe, it has a shot at not being an utter embarassment at the box office. Hell, anything over 50 to 60M DOM would probably be overperforming in my eyes.

This pessimism has nothing to do w/hate from my part, btw - I want this movie to do well. I think it looks incredibly gorgeous (familiar as it may be) and has potential to be a fun romp, and I usually want good original (or non-continuation of an existing franchise) content to do great. It's just that it's got too little going for itself in terms of buzz or hype, and w/a ridiculous 200M+ budget, it needs to Warcraft the shit out of OS to be profitable. The Tomato Law is gonna surge it to many ears, alright, but it's still a big question mark.

That being said, holy crap, July deserves all the blowjobs. Spider-Man, Apes, Dunkirk (well, not yet, but do you really think it won't get raved?), Atomic Blonde and Valerian are all being or going to be recieved as good, fun movies and blockbusters to watch. Hot damn, the Summer is FINALLY gonna start.