A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

Ubisoft will produce this and Sony most likely will distribute.

Ubisoft execs now plan to stick to their initial plan and develop the film independently in order to maintain greater creative control. Last year, Ubisoft invested in launching UMP, headed by Baronnet, former CEO of Luc Besson's EuropaCorp, to adapt the company's games into films, TV shows and digital projects.

While Sony could still wind up distribing the films, UMP will package the project with a writer and director before resuming talks with the studio.

"We're open to re-discuss with the key studios once the production package is finalized," Baronnet told Variety.

Ubisoft also is looking to raise financing for the tentpole through foreign presales and co-production deals, which again could again involve Sony.

Yeah, will they be keeping the time travel (mind travel?) aspect of the stories? Or just start straight in the old ages?

They are all ancestors, so Fassbender may play all of them.

They are all ancestors, so Fassbender may play all of them.

That's just silly. A Middle Eastern man from Syria/Jordan (Altair) would look nothing like Ezio (A Florentine) or Connor (the half Native-American protagonist of AC3).He's either playing Altair or Desmond.

Has there only been two games so far? I beat the first one but haven't played any of the others.

There have been 4 games.Assassin's CreedAssassin's Creed 2Assassin's Creed: BrotherhoodAssassin's Creed: RevelationsAssassin's Creed stars Altair during the 3rd Crusade, the other 3 star Ezio during the late 15th Century CE. Desmond is the star of the contemporary segments of all 4 games. Edited by 4815162342

Ah, ok. Yeah I played as Altair. I've got some catching up to do.

Altair also shows up in Assassin's Creed: Revelations as the tertiary protagonist (since Desmond relives memories of both Ezio, the main guy of the game, and then Altair also).

Video games are the one thing in pop culture I really have no idea what goes on these days. I went up to PS2 and stopped. I guess if Fassebender is doing this then that should lend some creedence to the genre.

• Like 1

A little more on Fassbender's character.

http://www.latimes.c...0,2703878.story

So Fassbender will play Desmond huh, and I assume also then whichever Assassin character they choose to go with for the storyline. Cool.

Big LOL @ this comment in the article.... Fishnets would die! :rofl:

For crying out loud. He is OK actor but he is NOT enough to play the lead in AC! Dang, the prods are going to ruin 1 more of my fav games! :( Bruckheimer killed Prince Of Persia with the HORRIBLE choice of the lead actor. Now they are killing AC. I’m realy tired of the actors that don’t have the LEADER’s presence on the screen. And how about the swordfighting combat skills? The only actor I see that can handle the role is Orlando Bloom. He is a great actor and he has impecable swordfighting skills. He can handle all kinds of the weapons required for this movie! CONVINCINGLY. The thing that many can’t realise is that not everyone has the abilities and skills to play in the big movies. Playing the larger than life characters has the different demands from an actor than the independent movies do. Besides, Fassebender is too old to play Desmond. He has not enough presence on screen to play Ezio or Altair.