CJohn

Elysium OS thread

This should match Oblivion OS easily. I see Battleship-Wrath of the Titans numbers. Around 220m OS and 300m WW.

I saw it and I thought it was pretty entertaining. But a couple of things:

It is unnecessarily violent (body parts exploding). I don't know

if PG13 would propel it to blockbuster status but at least it would help.

It is also relentlessly dystopian.

Elysium opened #1 in the U.K. with a solid $4.8 million, helping Neill Blomkamp's latest sci-fi flick to reach a $70 million overseas total. Elysium is currently posting a $139 million global cume. The film posted strong holds in France ($2.5M Weekend / $7.9M Cume), Germany ($1.9M Weekend / $6.3M Cume), and Australia ($1.9M Weekend / $6.3M Cume).

Elysium opened #1 in the U.K. with a solid $4.8 million, helping Neill Blomkamp's latest sci-fi flick to reach a $70 million overseas total. Elysium is currently posting a $139 million global cume. The film posted strong holds in France ($2.5M Weekend / $7.9M Cume), Germany ($1.9M Weekend / $6.3M Cume), and Australia ($1.9M Weekend / $6.3M Cume).

Not bad at all. Hopefully it can surprise in China.