CJohn

Elysium OS thread

And District 9 was four years ago.

And 5M would be twice as much as District 9, but that number was just a quick estimate to illustrate the point, I didn't do much research in to each country. You may be right, you probably know more about the Brazilian market then me.

And 5M would be twice as much as District 9, but that number was just a quick estimate to illustrate the point, I didn't do much research in to each country. You may be right, you probably know more about the Brazilian market then me.

Is just that District 9 didn't had a big name on it, Elysium has Matt Damon and two brazilians, Alice Braga and Wagner Moura.

Elysium generated $10.3m from 5,987 in 54 markets for $157.6m. The sci-fi arrived top of the table in Brazil on $2.6m from 410 and added $2.2m in its third weekend in China to stand at $23.9m. A $1.9m Japanese debut on 324 resulted in fourth place.

The UK has returned $13.6m for Elysium after five weekends and France $13.1m after six. Spain has delivered $10.5m after six.

MRC’s sci-fi Elysium added $8m from 6,265 in 56 for a mighty $171.7m and ranked number one in Brazil in the second weekend after $1.7m from 395 elevated the tally to $5.1m. Elysium opened at number three in Mexico on $1.7m from 956 and stands at $4.6m after two weekends in Japan.