CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

"Did not the Avengers do 900m OS and 1.5B WW?"

TA did so by doing amazing in English Speaking Markets and totally blowing away past all expectations in Latin America and Asia...

IM2 had a lot of weakness in such markets but I think IM3 will improve.

I think market growth and TA effect will ad more then 100 million from IM2 overseas gross and add in China doing around 60-80 million more and add in 3D...

I would be surprised if it misses 500 million

I'm not really up-to-date with the details to this movie and the current rules in China;

as the movie has China as a 2nd producing country listed, has Walt Disney China and a few Chinese actors/actresses involved and gets distributed by DMG Entertainment...

=> does this movie fall also under / count as foreign enough to count for the 'maximum-4-weeks' rule the Chinese have (now without exceptions)?

I'm not really up-to-date with the details to this movie and the current rules in China;

as the movie has China as a 2nd producing country listed, has Walt Disney China and a few Chinese actors/actresses involved and gets distributed by DMG Entertainment...

=> does this movie fall also under / count as foreign enough to count for the 'maximum-4-weeks' rule the Chinese have (now without exceptions)?

4 weeks. No exception. 99% sure.

• Like 1

4 weeks. No exception. 99% sure.

Strange logic IMHO, especially if it involves Chinese actors and companies (including a Chinese owned US special effect company???),... thank you very much for your prompt answer :cheekkiss:

I am so unsure about predictions:

the pre-Avenger movies didn't do really well oversees, but with growing markets oversees and the Avenger's success...

if the marketing is perfect (and WOM too) it might reach 1 Billion world-wide (OS up to $600?), but if it is not matching to some countries cultural taste (especially comedy seems to be preceived very differently, also ethic values can vary a bit) it might not much more money as the last installment beside the 3D... => $450 OS is also possible. I might be too conservative with my predictions, but better calculating with a deeper result and then be positvly surprised as majorly dissapointed, or?

Just booked my prescreening tickets for IM3 on 24/4Yahoooooooooooooo :-)2-3 screens pr theater all over the country on wed...My estimate says 55-65% tickets allready sold 6 weeks out nationwide..That is HUGE here.. This will do huge blockbuster numbers here on Avengers level...Could be a sign that 650-700 mill OS will be no problem

• Like 3

Just booked my prescreening tickets for IM3 on 24/4Yahoooooooooooooo :-)2-3 screens pr theater all over the country on wed...My estimate says 55-65% tickets allready sold 6 weeks out nationwide..That is HUGE here.. This will do huge blockbuster numbers here on Avengers level...Could be a sign that 650-700 mill OS will be no problem

NICE !

• Like 1

Reading the earlier pages in this thread was fun. Attitudes towards The Hobbit's slow-but-steady box office pace have me smh. Floppit!  :rofl: 

Enough of that, though. 

My prediction for IM3's OS haul is $700M. If anyone thinks that's trolling, well, the so-called "Floppit" made that much though that's not why I'm predicting it for RDJ & Co. My confidence stems from several factors: 3D spectacle, the Avengers boost, RDJ's massive popularity, balls-to-the-wall action and terrific trailers selling the same. I'm tempted to make an IM3 over TDKR thread, but I'm sure it would be closed as soon as it opened. For a movie as good as IM3 gives every indication of being, topping $448M/$1.08B is not unthinkable.

Reading the earlier pages in this thread was fun. Attitudes towards The Hobbit's slow-but-steady box office pace have me smh. Floppit!  :rofl: 

.... to make an IM3 over TDKR thread, but I'm sure it would be closed as soon as it opened. ....

you do know your fellow movie fans I guess  :flamewar: alert is surely right :D