CJohn

Frozen OS thread

Could somebody put the comparison chart of the country´s grosses between Frozen and Minions? 

eivbqp.png

Accuracy not guaranteed. All numbers from BOM, except for Minions numbers for Mexico (BOM doesn't have it; I got it from the thread here) and Czech Republic (BOM figure is blatantly wrong; my number is reconstructed from their most likely error).

Edited by Murgatroyd
  • Like 3

Accuracy not guaranteed. All numbers from BOM, except for Minions numbers for Mexico (BOM doesn't have it; I got it from the thread here) and Czech Republic (BOM figure is blatantly wrong; my number is reconstructed from their most likely error).

I'm not sure how accurate BOM numbers are as a whole but for Israel they haven't been updated since the start of August, and Minions has since then made the entirety of Frozen's gross.

Can you guys stop bad mouth other animated films, please?

We already got it! You like Frozen keeping the record. Fine. But don't push it any further! :angry:

It becomes pretty tiring.

Calm down. Nobody  "bad mouth other animated films" in general. I and many others "bad mouth" Minions because it is a very silly and boring movie, but if we speak about Inside Out, for example, I can say that it is a masterpiece and maybe, excluding the soundtrack, better than Frozen.

eivbqp.png

BOM numbers are correct for Frozen, for Minions the most accurate datas are here:

http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Minions#tab=international

Calm down. Nobody "bad mouth other animated films" in general. I and many others "bad mouth" Minions because it is a very silly and boring movie, but if we speak about Inside Out, for example, I can say that it is a masterpiece and maybe, excluding the soundtrack, better than Frozen.

Oh, yeah. :)

Ok, no troubles here. Still, Inside Out should have made more enough to get $850M WW. Sadly, it didn't breakout as much in China for it to go there.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

I don't remember people being so pissed when Finding Nemo beat The Lion King. Because it was Pixar? :unsure:

Finding Dory being huge in China is not assured at all as seen with Minions which "only" made $69m there. If China or Japan fails to show up in a big way for Dory than it is not getting the record either.

• Like 1

I don't remember people being so pissed when Finding Nemo beat The Lion King. Because it was Pixar? :unsure:

Finding Dory being huge in China is not assured at all as seen with Minions which "only" made $69m there. If China or Japan fails to show up in a big way for Dory than it is not getting the record either.

it was expected because The Lion King had 9 years as the highest grossing animated film. And Finding Nemo was a very good film, thats the main reason why it wasn´t so disliked. I prefer Lion King, but if anything is certainly is that records don´t last, obviously you want that the film that break a new record is a good one, and not a generic film aided just becaused of its marketing. 

• Like 1

Pixar? No, its because it was Finding Nemo! It was so so good. Everything in the movie was the best. I still believe it to be the best animated american movie in the last 30 years. It was loved by nearly every single person who watched it. And You're comparing it to Minions? It's true though that The film beat then (TLK) was much much better than the film that would have got beaten now (Frozen) but still finding Nemo was on par with the movie it beat (and with 9 years of inflation and stuff after all) while Minions is not even half as good as Frozen, even if Frozen itself doesn't come close to matching the former two movies.

Also Nemo adjusts to around 190m in today's china and made more than the contemporary POTC and LOTR films. Obviously it's not at all guaranteed that Dory will be as big a hit as Nemo and is also a pretty late sequel but I'd still say it would cross the 100m mark at least (also helped by the fact that the market would have grown another 30% by then, meaning minions would have made 90m if it were to be released then and were exactly as big (or small) as now).

Edited by Infernus

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

Friday 22 Nov 2013 Frozen opened. Happy birthday to the most profitable single movie ever. You can imagine a world without it?

It would be a world where Minions is the top animated film worldwide and where Japan would have never ever gained so much attention in this forum. It would be a world where Walt Disney Animation Studios were still lagging behind Pixar. The world would be a bit less bright. (Don't get me wrong, it's not the best animated movie ever but I'd have this at #1 rather than any DW, Fox, Paramount, WB or Universal toon)