CJohn

Kung Fu Panda 3 | 1/29/2016 | New Trailer on Page 26!

Marketing for what? It's not like the nomination is going to generate increased business.

You don't know that. No one's attempted to release a big animated film in January recently. It couldn't hurt, anyway.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

Not comfirmed.

And maybe a bit optimistic, but 75-80M OD should happen if it opens on CNYD.

True, but this may be the first movie to actually change domestic release dates to better cater to the Chinese market. Kind of a precedent setting move here.

So my early predictions for this (if this opens in China on Chinese New Year) - 

210m DOM (I'm hoping this turns out to be a great movie with enough WOM for around this much DOM)

450m OS minus China (I am being a little cautious)

540m China (I am counting on you JohnnyStorm for this insane no. to actually turn out true)

1.2B WW. 3rd or 2nd Highest grossing movie of the Year (Behind Civil War and close to BvS)

Yeah my china number is a little too much but i'll see how the rest of this year goes in China. If no other movie is able to come even close to FF7's 390m, then I'll drop it down to 440m. If a number of movies come close to this and a few local movies break out heavily and a number of Foreign movies also gross more than than 200m, I'll let this stay at 500m+. Either way, 1B worldwide seems almost locked for this to me.

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 1

So my early predictions for this (if this opens in China on Chinese New Year) - 

210m DOM (I'm hoping this turns out to be a great movie with enough WOM for around this much DOM)

450m OS minus China (I am being a little cautious)

540m China (I am counting on you JohnnyStorm for this insane no. to actually turn out true)

1.2B WW. 3rd or 2nd Highest grossing movie of the Year (Behind Civil War and close to BvS)

So no Dory?

Oh, I forgot about that... But anyways, while I am absolutely certain of Dory making 1B WW, I don't think it will really reach to 1.2B. It won't have China to its advantage unfortunately. 

But KFP3 could do $120-140 million DOM and Dory could do $450-550 million DOM. That's enough to make up the difference. 

But KFP3 could do $120-140 million DOM and Dory could do $450-550 million DOM. That's enough to make up the difference. 

Those are both extremes and we're talking about the most probable numbers right now. While I really hope Dory makes that much DOM (Nemo is one of my favourite animated movies of all time just behind grave of the fireflies) I mdon't think that is very probable. More like 400-450m in my opinion (if this is almost as good as the first movie, that is).