Jack Nevada

Bad first movie, good sequel

:ph34r: I agree. :ph34r:In fact, ROTS is one of my favorites of the entire saga. :D

Mine too! To me, the order is1. The Empire Strikes Back (duh)2. A New Hope3. Revenge of the Sith4. Return of the Jedi5. The Attack of the Clones*fifty meters of diarrhea*1300. The Phantom Menace

Star Trek vs. Star Trek II: Wrath of Kahn

I take your point, and the leap in quality between 1 and 2 is gigantic, but I still wouldn't call TMP a bad movie. It's insanely edited - but had it been the 90 minute movie it should have been, it would be fine. I really like some of the Spock stuff... but they really made a weird decision trying to mimic the pacing of 2001.Wrath of Khan though. Great movie. Edited by yads

:ph34r: I agree. :ph34r:In fact, ROTS is one of my favorites of the entire saga. :D

I think ROTS greatly, GREATLY benefits from being the first decent entry (in my opinion - of course it's my opinion, dang, why do I feel compelled to clarify that all the time?) in the prequels. I was one of those people who lived his whole life worshiping the OT and then I was crushed by TPM. And AOTC I couldn't stand. It frustrated me in so many ways.

I think ROTS greatly, GREATLY benefits from being the first decent entry (in my opinion - of course it's my opinion, dang, why do I feel compelled to clarify that all the time?) in the prequels. I was one of those people who lived his whole life worshiping the OT and then I was crushed by TPM. And AOTC I couldn't stand. It frustrated me in so many ways.

Never thought of it this way, but it makes sense.And you feel the need to clarify it's just your opinion because a lot of people on this board go apeshit crazy if you go against the grain.
  • Like 1

Jack, this is a hard topic. There are many instances in which a sequel tops the original (Terminator 2, Aliens maybe but not really, Toy Story 3, Godfather 2 in my humble opinion, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, several of the Potters I hear, one of the LOTR, arguably Spiderman 2, XMen 2, Blade II, Shrek 2 apparently, etc.), but not many instances I can think of in which a sequel turns out to be good when the original truly sucked.All these built upon films that were already pretty strong to begin with. Your topic is pretty difficult. I can't think of any to be honest except Desperado which was a crap example anyway.

• Like 1

IMO, the whole trilogy is an abortion.

I have no idea. I cant imagine anyone liking that abortion (TPM, that is)

I think you both mean aberration (not abortion lol) and I agree. Yes, ROTS is the "best" but they are all really bad. I think Ewan Mcgregor was good but Hayden and the guy who played Palpaltine were beyond laughable. I can't even began to comprehend the directorial decisions that were made during those films. Edited by Clavius

I can't speak for Jack, but I meant abortion. Abbertion isn't even a word. :P

Lol just corrected that (damn iPad), i guess if one is going to correct someone he better spell the damn word right (foot is in my mouth). Edited by Clavius
  • Like 1

Ehhhh.. abbertion? Is that like the Madea-way of saying abortion?

I can't speak for Jack, but I meant abortion. Abbertion isn't even a word. :P

What did you guys mean by abortion? I assumed you meant abberation as in those movies were complete abberations! (when you consider them in relation to the OT.)