Jack Nevada

Bad first movie, good sequel

I'm hoping the Expendables 2 is better than the Expendables, which I was a bit let down by. It needed more Bruce Willis and Ahnuld, which the new one seems to be providing, along with Van Damme and Chuck Norris.

Star Trek vs. Star Trek II: Wrath of Kahn

That's exactly what came to mind.Actually it wasStar Trek: The Motion Picture: BadWrath of Khan: GoodSearch for Spock: BadThe Voyage Home: GoodThe Final Frontier: BadThe Undiscovered Country: Good
  • Like 1

The Matrix to the Matrix Reloaded, I love both, but Reloaded is just a crazy mind-fuck that I love to watch again and again.Final Destination to Final Destination 2, I'm a sucker for the second one.Alien to Aliens, I JUST LOVE the action/suspense of Aliens as opposed to the horror/suspense of the first one, that and the first one is a bit slow IMO.

• Like 1

Okay, this is sagrilige, I know, but.. I like ROTS better than Return of the Jedi. Feel free to stone me to death

I tend to agree.The advantage that ROTJ has over ROTS is that it had 2 great films before it so we actually care about the characters and how it all ends. ROTS its just like.....do we really give a shit about whiny Anakin? Not really and for that reason it suffers. Star Trek is probably the only one I can really think of. If a movie sucks it generally does not get a sequel. I'll throw in Dr. No to the discussion. Not that movie is by any means bad, but there were several better bond films that followed.

It took the Fast and Furious franchise four bad movies to make a good one (Fast Five).

Was gonna post the same thing. That's the first franchise that comes to mind here. 1 mediocre movie (the first) and 3 bad ones (all the other sequels) to get to the awesomely fun and entertaining 5th one. Never come across another series like that.
  • Like 1