Jack Nevada

Bad first movie, good sequel

Mine too! To me, the order is1. The Empire Strikes Back (duh)2. A New Hope3. Revenge of the Sith4. Return of the Jedi5. The Attack of the Clones*fifty meters of diarrhea*1300. The Phantom Menace

That's almost exactly like my order, my padawan. Sometimes I switch out ROTJ and AOTC because, love story aside, AOTC is a great mystery/adventure movie. Whereas ROTJ has that really boring hour between the escape from Jabba's Palace and the final battle, plus acting almost as bad as TPM's.

Tomb Raider VS Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life. Neither of them are exactly 'great' movies, but at least Lara is not as plane (emotionally) as in the first one, and the story is interesting enough.It doesn't have a nude scene with Daniel Craig, though, but nobody's perfect.

I might get flamed like no other for saying this, but The Twilight Saga: New Moon kind of counts in my book. While I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a good movie, it's a huge improvement over the borderline-unwatchable first installment and it introduces an interesting idea - that there can be life for someone beyond a serious break-up - that flies directly in the face of the rest of the films' insistence that Edward is absolutely perfect in every single way and Bella is absolutely destined to be with him. Until the third act, anyway, when we learn that apparently the kind of emotional abuse Edward leveled on Bella doesn't change the fact that they're destined for one another, all before we get "treated" to sparkling, frolicking in the wood, and trying our darndest to take Dakota Fanning seriously as a bitchy vampire.I hope that I'll be able to return to this thread in 2014 and mention the sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man. I was disappointed with the reboot, but there is enough about it that works that I can definitely see where the sequel might be an improvement.

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 1

I might get flamed like no other for saying this, but The Twilight Saga: New Moon kind of counts in my book. While I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a good movie, it's a huge improvement over the borderline-unwatchable first installment and it introduces an interesting idea - that there can be life for someone beyond a serious break-up - that flies directly in the face of the rest of the films' insistence that Edward is absolutely perfect in every single way and Bella is absolutely destined to be with him. Until the third act, anyway, when we learn that apparently the kind of emotional abuse Edward leveled on Bella doesn't change the fact that they're destined for one another, all before we get "treated" to sparkling, frolicking in the wood, and trying our darndest to take Dakota Fanning seriously as a bitchy vampire.I hope that I'll be able to return to this thread in 2014 and mention the sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man. I was disappointed with the reboot, but there is enough about it that works that I can definitely see where the sequel might be an improvement.

I agree NM is by far the best of the Twilight Saga. Mainly thanks to Michal Sheen and the whole Interview With the Vampire vibe of the Volturi.
  • Like 1

Planet of Apes 2 to Planet of Apes 3Resident Evil 2 to Resident Evil 3Scary Movie 2 to Scary Movie 3Toy Story to Toy Story 2Twilight to New Moonto a lesser extentX-Men to X-Men 2Ice Age to Ice Age 2Pirates to Pirates 2

Edited by Goffe Recall

Hey! Stop hating on TPM! :angry:

Not our fault for rationally reacting to Lucas literally shitting on every fan's face and continually fuck everything that makes SW wonderful and majestic. TPM justifies our major disappointment in Lucas' so called new (or old since it's a prequel?) vision.

Baffling.

TS (C+) is overrated, a normal family adventure.TS2 (A-) is much more than that, I felt real emotion, cared about the characters.COTBP ( B) is fun, but the story is kinda meh.DMC (A+) is the perfect blockbuster. I put DMC among the five best movies I've watched Edited by Goffe Recall

Not our fault for rationally reacting to Lucas literally shitting on every fan's face and continually fuck everything that makes SW wonderful and majestic. TPM justifies our major disappointment in Lucas' so called new (or old since it's a prequel?) vision.

for non-fans TPM is okay-to-good movie, for me is better than ROTJ and NH Edited by Goffe Recall

I know nobody will agree but I will say Transformers. I really did not like the first one but I enjoyed the two sequels, especially the third one, Dark of the Moon

Dark of the Moon is arguably the best film in the series. This is a rare trilogy that managed to end on a high note.