Punishment

Favorite Trilogy (or group of three films)

Favorite Trilogy (or group of thee films)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite movie trilogy (or group of three films)?

• Star Wars OT (ANH, ESB, ROTJ)
    • Indiana Jones (Raiders, Temple, Last Crusade)
    • Toy Story (I, II, III)
    • Lord of the Rings (FOTR, TTT, ROTK)
    • The Dark Knight (BB, TDK, TDKR)

It's kinda like having a room full of super models and only getting to choose one to take home to bed with you. You could spend hours agonizing over your choice.The first two SW movies are just amazing. A New Hope defined a childhood for a generation and The Empire Strikes Back is probably even better. Return of the Jedi however is a very flawed movie although the ending certainly about the best ending one could ask for the OT. Raiders of the lost Ark, depending on my mood, is the movie I say is my favourite movie of all time. It is just pure adventure blockbuster fun at its absolute best. The Last Crusade is almost as good with sean Connery and harrison ford having great chemistry with each other. The Temple of Doom is the weakest link for sure, and while an enjoyable movie its tone is allover the fricken place. It can't decide if it wants to be this dark movie or this light comic relief movie. Choose a tone and stick to it!The Toy Story Trilogy is probably the most consistent of the Trilogy's listed. I would find it hard pressed to choose one over another. All 3 movies are both poignant and laugh out loud funny. Yet despite this, this trilogy didn't move me as much as the other trilogies here. They are great great movies, but I have never obsessed over them.LOTR is another really consistent Trilogy. It helps of course that the way it was filmed was really one long 9 hour movie, rather than 3, 3 hour movies. Peter Jackson did an amazing job of converting a book series as complex as LOTR to the screen. I honestly never thought it could happen. Still, it can be a chore to sit through the movies at times (just as it is reading through the books to be honest). It's like you get to end and you feel like you have climed Everest!Nolans Batman Trilogy is of course amazing, but I can't really rank it until I let the third movie sink in and watch all 3 in one sitting. There is a decent chance it will end up as my favourite though. Nolan makes the kind of movies I love, and Batman is motherfucking Batman. How can you go wrong?1. Indiana Jones - Contains my favourite Film ever, and one that could easily be top 10.2. Star Wars - Defined my Childhood. Many taunts were directed my way in the schooyard because of this damn trilogy!3. LOTR - Really epic, Really Beautifully Shot and Directed, Occasionly boring4. Toy Story - That these movies finish last in any list is pretty much a crime. But with IJ, SW and LOTR, someone has to come last!

LOTR of course the scope of the film is just epic (complex world brought to life on screen ) best immersive experience never boring!STAR WARS , also pretty epic ! i've come to appreciate it even more in light of new trilogy now that the whole story is told of anakin arc from the good to the dark side of the force and his final redemption , also in parallel arc of a galaxy going from a republic to an empireas for the others, BATMAN i don't think i'll have a definitive opinion until i see all three back to back also , maybe in a few years like a good wine i'll be able to give it its rightful place as a prime display of a skilled director ability to lend gravitas/realism to a superhero film! TOY STORY is really sweet but i first saw the third and cried ,for years i had scorned these films thinking they're kids films whatever after that i just had to see the other two! i love the themes in them , i love all the toys and thanks to my nephews have watched them back to back a lot !i vaguely remember INDIANA JONES films i have not seen them in years but i must have loved it a lot because i do remember going crazy over having school material with pics of the film on them

1) SW: OT2) Indiana Jones/Nolan's Batman/LOTR5) The Godfather (first 2 are so amazing, makes up for 3)6) Die Hard 1-37) Toy Story8) Alien 1-39) Bourne10) Ocean'sAll other potential ones have glaring flaws...the third Spider-Man, X-Men, BTTF, POTC and Matrix stink, Rocky has too many movies and 5 sucks, TF or SW:PT...naaa I only really like the first and third respectfully...Austin Powers, they're all pretty good, but I don't love any of them/the series.Edit: I just remembered Alien 1-3, Terminator 1-3 and Mission impossible (too bad 4 can't replace 2 then it'd be a great trilogy). Alien 3 and Terminator 3 are again the weak links, but first two are great, especially Alien 1 and 2.

Edited by FTF

That's awesome you got to travel like that.

It was not far most of the time is only like 15-30 minutes. In Minnesota basically and city above 7,000 has a hockey team and every town up has local hockey teams. I am from a city with 9,000 people and there is several teams in my town. I will give you example.Squirts (Ages 8-10)Peewees (Ages 11-13)Bantams (Ages 12-14)Each of these age groups has an A team and at least 1 b team and maybe a C team.Another thing I love about this movie I know all the references of the teams. When the might ducks call the rich kid a cake eater I know what town the kid is from.

It was not far most of the time is only like 15-30 minutes. In Minnesota basically and city above 7,000 has a hockey team and every town up has local hockey teams. I am from a city with 9,000 people and there is several teams in my town. I will give you example.Squirts (Ages 8-10)Peewees (Ages 11-13)Bantams (Ages 12-14)Each of these age groups has an A team and at least 1 b team and maybe a C team.Another thing I love about this movie I know all the references of the teams. When the might ducks call the rich kid a cake eater I know what town the kid is from.

The Mighty Ducks was a nice surprise of a movie. It's always cool when you find a film that relates to personal experiences.